Search results

1. Jus' Giv'r

Allison GSE with 280 Merc.

Hello Everyone, Many of you may be familiar with our pride and joy. With regrets we are selling but we just don't use it (into bikes now). Someone else needs to enjoy this! We are the second owners of the GSE and bought from original owner in Florida. The boat is a 1994 but shows excellent...
  2. Jus' Giv'r

Best Rough Water Perf Boat up to 24'

Ok, I'm in a bit of a dilema. On another thread I have stated that my GSE is the best boat I have ever owned. And as many of us on here, I have owned quite a few boats in my 50 years of existence on this planet. But, our lakes are becoming busier with wakeboard boats and cruisers causing the...
  3. Jus' Giv'r

Drag 4 or ?

Long time...no post, but I've been creeping around. I'm getting the itch. So, I've been running a stock 26 Drag 4 on my GSE w/280. Great prop. Also have a 29srx by DAH. It was my fav with my 225 PM but I'm not a fan with the 280. So, I'm thinking about a 28ET or getting my Drag 4 worked. I...
  4. Jus' Giv'r

Aces IV

I've got the oil question out there and thought I would ask about the Aces IV fuel additive. Who uses it? I've heard good things about it. I'm more worried about getting crappy fuel and am told this solves many issues from octane deficiency to water in fuel.
  5. Jus' Giv'r

Oil Choice?

I have always used the Alisyn (spelling?) oil in my 280, but it is harder to come by north of the border. So, I'm looking for alternatives. What does everyone use? Thanks Gary
  6. Jus' Giv'r

Gauge Help

I'm maybe shopping for a new jack plate and trim Gauge. My jack plate gauge stopped working at end of season, and I never got a chance to diagnose before putting to sleep for the winter. And I never installed a new trim sending unit after replacing my 225PM with a 280 and a 20" offshore mid last...
  7. Jus' Giv'r

Gauges

Moved to general discussion. Didnt realize i was in props for sale....lol. Can I delete this?
  8. Jus' Giv'r

Ski pole

I've got a 1994 GSE. My ski pole is a little short after we installed the 280 with Alien Cowl. (should've went 15"mid instead of 20"). Anyway, in order to lengthen, Bill would like me to send back pole and mounting sleeve too. I'm looking for alternatives before I go that route. My kids...
  9. Jus' Giv'r

Spark Plugs

Hi Everyone, I have a 2.5 280 with 260 electronics and brucato pcu. Its a stock 2007 powerhead directly from Merc. (date stamp is actually 12/06.) What would you recommend for spark plugs? (currently has Champions, don't have the # with me). Make and number if possible please. thanks gary
  10. Jus' Giv'r

WTB - Trim and Jackplate Indicator

Looking for a dual indicator for trim and jackplate. Anyone got an extra stainless marine one they're not using? Thanks Gary
  11. Jus' Giv'r

My pole is too short!

Story of my life...lol After installing my 280 with Alien cowl, my ski pole is short by a few inches of safely clearing the cowl. Solutions?
  12. Jus' Giv'r

280 water pressure and engine temp

Hey Guys, As my 280 is new to me, I had a couple of questions; 1) what engine temp do they like to run at. what normal operating temp should call for concern? 2) what is normal water pressure at 5000 rpm and above? 3) what size diameter water tube should it have? I'm getting 20+ lbs at...
  13. Jus' Giv'r

prop shaft heights

I know I've read this info many times, but thought I would post the question specific to my application. So here it goes. Where would you recommend I run my prop shaft height? Application = Grandsport / 280 / 20"offshore /26 Drag4 / hydr. jackplate / hydr.steering. (also have a 29srx by...
  14. Jus' Giv'r

Thanks Everyone.

Just like to thank all that put up with my numerous questions over the winter on performance mods for my GSE and 225PM. I went through many scenarios and thought I would never make a decision. But my boys and I finally made a decision and had the maiden voyage on the weekend. So, we sold...
  15. Jus' Giv'r

WTB - Lifeline or SRP

Looking for a couple of Lifeline's or SRP's. Poker run style preferred as we are not using for racing. I need a few so size is flexible. Thanks. gary
  16. Jus' Giv'r

Prop for GS

Throwing around some prop ideas for my GS. Most likely will be a slightly modded 260 with an A48 computer. I wanna top out at about 103 and spin low 8's. And will only do that rarely. So that looks like a 27 maybe a 26. I would like an original 26 T3X Sport but that looks difficult. So...
  17. Jus' Giv'r

WTB - T3X Sport

Hi, I'm looking for a 26 or 27 T3X 'Sport'. Please PM me with what ya got. Thanks
  18. Jus' Giv'r

Hydro Tec or Merc!

So, its slow around here today, sun was out, enjoying the rays, staring at the ice and waiting for it to melt! I'm in a pickle. As some know, I want to re-power my GS. Nothing wrong with the existing 225PM, in fact, its like new. I just want more power, accel and top-end with the ability to...
  19. Jus' Giv'r

280 on a GS!

Hey Guys, Who has or has been in a GS with a 280? I'm thinking that route instead of PM mods. Also, are ya running 20 or 15 mid, year, Consumer or ROS box...etc? I would really like to know your likes and dislikes, performance, props...etc? Thanks for your input!! gary
  20. Jus' Giv'r

280 and 'manners'

On another thread I was seeking advice on mods for my stock 225PM (20"mid with sportmaster) that sits on my GS. Now, someone is recommending I sell it (BTW-I have a buyer) and go buy a 280. My fear is the 'manners' of the 280 motor. I need to be able to shift and idle. We do some watersports...