My pole is too short!

Jus' Giv'r

Story of my life...lol
After installing my 280 with Alien cowl, my ski pole is short by a few inches of safely clearing the cowl. Solutions?

whipper

These days you can always spend some money and get a longer pole like mine.:big grin

You can always just drill a hole higher up. You dont have to burry it all the way to the bottom anyways. Guys with your problem do just fine as long as they get in there enough.

A good example is the stock one from Allison. When you extend it all the way out its way off the bottom. Mines probably 6 inches of the bottom . There shouldnt be any strength issues doing this.

As long as your shaft is good and stiff it shouldnt bend or hurt anything when your pulling.

Last edited:

Jus' Giv'r

these days you can always spend some money and get a longer pole like mine.:big grin

you can always just drill a hole higher up. You dont have to burry it all the way to the bottom anyways. Guys with your problem do just fine as long as they get in there enough.

A good example is the stock one from allison. When you extend it all the way out its way off the bottom. Mines probably 6 inches of the bottom . There shouldnt be any strength issues doing this.

As long as your shaft is good and stiff it shouldnt bend or hurt anything when your pulling.
....................:lmao:

Jus' Giv'r

Mine is the stock pole the boat came with. Do they sell a longer one. The only thing then is when I put it down it won't be flush with the sunpad.

Jus' Giv'r

I called Bill, they do make and sell longer ones but its a special order and can take 2 months. He confirmed adding 6 inches to the bottom with an inside sleeve for support would suffice.

procomp

Mine is the stock pole the boat came with. Do they sell a longer one. The only thing then is when I put it down it won't be flush with the sunpad.

I leave mine up all the time in hopes I roll up to an island with some stranded strippers, lol :gone fishing