Prop for GS

Jus' Giv'r

Throwing around some prop ideas for my GS. Most likely will be a slightly modded 260 with an A48 computer. I wanna top out at about 103 and spin low 8's. And will only do that rarely. So that looks like a 27 maybe a 26. I would like an original 26 T3X Sport but that looks difficult. So after all the rambling, what about a Drag 4 and what size? ( P.S. I will keep my DAH 29SRX)

ziemer

I'd say a 26 Drag IV would be a good all "arounder".

For speed I love my Hoss Triton. Had it cleaned up by Rich at Leading edge a year or so ago and it turns right at 8k...it's a 28" :beer:

whipper

Anyone try that OffShore cut on a GS that Steve Smith Makes? They look good wondering how they are for a GS? DS77 on S&F seems to sell a lot of them! He makes big claims with those props. 2-5mph faster than a Chopper11 in a 30 for example with better midrage? http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210226 So maybe if they are all that a 26 or 27 in one these props might be good I dont know? Anyone try one yet?

Last edited:

FlatOutAlly

Anyone try that OffShore cut on a GS that Steve Smith Makes? They look good wondering how they are for a GS? DS77 on S&F seems to sell a lot of them! He makes big claims with those props. 2-5mph faster than a Chopper11 in a 30 for example with better midrage? http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210226 So maybe if they are all that a 26 or 27 in one these props might be good I dont know? Anyone try one yet?

Whipper, buy one, send it here. You got months to think about till you can use it.I'm serious, if you like have it shipped here and I'll be a real good buddy and test it ahead of your ice out. :help

jas638

Banned
i agree hoss triton 1. i have a 14.5x29 .put it on my gs and holy crap it was like a new boat compared to the 26 chopper that it had on it when i bought it. comin of throttle with the chopper was some scary chit. but wit the triton it lays down straight.waiting on a 4 blade hoss hpd-4 i jus bought off a sn'f er. cant wait to try it . its a 14.5x27.:big grin

whipper

Whipper, buy one, send it here. You got months to think about till you can use it.I'm serious, if you like have it shipped here and I'll be a real good buddy and test it ahead of your ice out. :help
:big grin Your just like my kids buy, buy, buy.:big grin Ill tell ya what I say to them. NO.:big grin Nice try though. The next prop I get will be a 22 pitch something or other? Need to pull my son skiing better this season. Hes grown and will be better also. Stump puller is what Im after as soon as the money truck makes it by my house, soon I hope!! I would like to try one this year though. Im a little partal to 4 blades personaly.

18inches of ice yesterday, very mild winter this year. Ice out April 15.

FlatOutAlly

:big grin Your just like my kids buy, buy, buy.:big grin Ill tell ya what I say to them. NO.:big grin Nice try though. The next prop I get will be a 22 pitch something or other? Need to pull my son skiing better this season. Hes grown and will be better also. Stump puller is what Im after as soon as the money truck makes it by my house, soon I hope!! I would like to try one this year though. Im a little partal to 4 blades personaly.

18inches of ice yesterday, very mild winter this year. Ice out April 15.

20 pitch High-5. Only way to go slow enough.

We have 15 inches or so of ice here. I'd say you're winning, in spite of your latitude. :punch

FlatOutAlly

.....Were exactly is the land of frozzen lakes were you are anyway?
Where? Were? I don't care. Location is the Mississippi River. Large lake on the MN/WI border. A barge will be up our way shortly to end our miseries. You, on the other hand, will have to wait for , for, pretty much forever. Sorry, man. That's a latitudinal fact. :razz

whipper

That was what I originally planned on. But I think I'm going to try this 26 Drag 4 and still look for the ET.
I had a 26 drag and there a great prop but I like the 28,s better. You might find worked a little it might just be the wicked one. I know my 28 thats worked is far better than any 28 stock Drag I had. Its a keeper for me that one!!

JASONPIJANOWSKI

I had a drag 4 i didnt like it!! I tried a 24 28 drag 4 the et was way faster!! On the 24 the et was about 6mps faster!!!!
Jason

whipper

I had a drag 4 i didnt like it!! I tried a 24 28 drag 4 the et was way faster!! On the 24 the et was about 6mps faster!!!!
Jason
Ya an Et is way faster for sure. Three blade against 4 blade for top end three blade will win in most any prop. The hole shot and midrange is were these shine if done up right. Pluss they carry big time wieght. Good alrounders for hualing 4 or 5 in the boat with gear. Thats what I use mine for. When the gangs at the destanation I can get out and still rip. I think the three best top enders mentioned in this thread are the ET offcourse, the Hoss Trinton and a 26 TX3 real one like Todd uses.

Last edited:

Jr in Jax

I decided to reward myself with a Hoss Triton 1 30" so I should have it next week. Hopefully my rig is still feeling frisky after sitting through the Winter....
I spent a "Boatload" on both the boat and the PWC last season.

ziemer

I decided to reward myself with a Hoss Triton 1 30" so I should have it next week. Hopefully my rig is still feeling frisky after sitting through the Winter....
I spent a "Boatload" on both the boat and the PWC last season.
You'll like it for big end runs. Just be careful with it, if you load a pile people in the boat. Not great for a load compared to your beloved Chopper II's. :beer:

Jr in Jax

You'll like it for big end runs. Just be careful with it, if you load a pile people in the boat. Not great for a load compared to your beloved Chopper II's. :beer:
So most of the time I will need the Chopper II, due to the huge load I always carry. I might try it out in Stanford on the 9th, hopefully I'll see you that Saturday.

ziemer

So most of the time I will need the Chopper II, due to the huge load I always carry. I might try it out in Stanford on the 9th, hopefully I'll see you that Saturday.
Cool, we will be there. Hopefully, mine will be ready. My motor is "under construction" at the moment and I'm waiting on backordered hydraulic steering from Allison. :banghead :beer: