Search results

1. M

1995 XB2003 with Mariner Offshore 2.5/260

Red XB 2003 with black wing tips. Mariner Offshore with CLE and 26 pitch drag 4 prop. I sold my lake house and it has not been wet for 2 years. Hull is in good shape, trailer is a single axle, the folding tongue was welded up by the previous owner. Carpet is serviceable but has quite a bit...
  2. M

Howard Bubble Deck Drag Boat

I know this really isn't the place but I have decided to sell one of my toys and thought someone here might know somebody looking for a drag boat. 1976 Howard bubble deck runner bottom setting on a Competitive tandem axle trailer. 454 Chevy, Merlin heads, roller cam, roller rockers with stud...
  3. M

Offshore Mid Question

I have a XB2003 with a 1995 260 on it with offshore mid. My question is what effects would blocking off the exhaust opening in the mid have on the performance of the boat? I am most concerned about the low and mid ranges as I very rarely run the boat above 70. It would be easy enough to make...
  4. M

28 Pitch Hoss Triton 1

14X28 Hoss Triton 1, I actually measure it just under 14". On Scream and Fly scale this prop is a 7/10 as it has a couple of very small nics. Would like to trade for a QIV OT 26 or a 26 drag 4. I typically run down the lake around 5500 RPM so I never get to where this prop really starts...
  5. M

260 Running tooooo rich HELP!

My 260 is running so rich that at times it will not even accelerate to get on plane. I had Brucato check the ECU and flow and clean the injectors over the winter, not that one of them isn't causing the problem now. My question is where to start trying to diagnose, I am sure it has been doing...
  6. M

Allison Skid Planer Question

OK I need some opinions, I have a XB2003 with a 260. It had a 9" jackplate on it and I just put a 14" on it. Is the Allison Skid planer worth the money. I have just had the boat out one weekend with the new jackplate and I am glad that I made the change, handles better and runs better the...
  7. M

Is Allison Offering This Option for 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgFhJN4H0T0 Check it out
  8. M

Brace Under Trim Cylinder

I have a 260 with offshore mid. Today while out a piece of the brace under the trim cylinder broke off and of course hit the prop. My question is can I run the boat without that brace on there. I have another prop just don't know about that brace. Also, is it a common piece as I am new to...
  9. M

Gone Fishin

Gone Fishin instead of just a wishin!!:gone fishing Just got the bottom all fixed from the previous owners screw ups. New Hydro Dynamics 14" jackplate, moved back from 9". Injectors serviced by Brucato and new TDK Reeds. Fresh wetsand, polish and new Allison emblems. Can't wait to get her...
  10. M

XB 2003 on Craigslist

I just saw this boat this morning and thought I would put a link out here. http://springfield.craigslist.org/boa/1671712581.html
  11. M

Old Post/Pictures of Pad

I remember seeing a post on here about a year ago where someone had posted photos of the pad on their boat that showed them measuring the lip and what the measurements were. I spent a couple of hours trying to find the post with no luck. We are in the process of repairing some damage on the...
  12. M

Help-Photo for Sons School Project

My son asked me tonight where he could get a good side photo of an XB up on the pad for a project he is doing at school. I know I have seen one on here but can't seem to find it now. Anybody got a good one or know where there is one on here that I cant seem to find. Thanks Matt
  13. M

VP 100 Octane Unleaded Fuel

I just noticed an add in National Dragster this morning that VP now has a 100 Octane unleaded fuel and was just wandering if anyone had tried it and how much it cost per gallon?
  14. M

260 Strange Stalling Issue

I am just going to throw this out there and see where it goes. Last weekend I bought a Hoss Triton 1 28 pitch and put it on my XB2003 with 260 Mariner. Not that the prop casused this that is just when it seems to have started. We are cruising down the lake at 5000 RPM and the engine stalls...
  15. M

260 No Reverse

Well we got the new to us boat in the water last weekend, 55 and windy. All in all very happy with the boat, 1995 XB2003. I had never been in an Allison before and I must say I was very impressed with the ride and stability in whitecapping rough water, cruised up to 55 or 60 in these...
  16. M

Gas and Hydraulic Fluid

I am totally new to the outboard world so I have some basic questions. I just boat an XB2003 with a Mariner 2.5L Offshore, 260 HP I beleive, never been moded to my knowledge. I have been doing some research and know that I should run the fuel oil mixture at 32:1 but my question is do I run...
  17. M

A few photos

I spent some time over the last week or so cleaning an polishing along with servicing the engine. Attached are a few photos, she is going to clean up pretty well other than the bucket seat covers, the front butt pad and the trailer fenders.
  18. M

Officially A Member

Well, I guess I am now officially a member. I ended up buying the 95 XB-2003that I asked some questions about a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to everyone that responed to my questions, I am sure I will have more before this is done. I have had the boat home since Monday and have to say I am...
  19. M

New Member Question

I have come across a 1995 XB-2003 that is in pretty rough shape. The seat covers are bad, the red and black are sun faded to the point of chalk. The bottom has quite a few scratches from fishing in the brush. It is on a single axle traler that is only ok but the bunks are still good so it is...