Officially A Member

msagro

Well, I guess I am now officially a member. I ended up buying the 95 XB-2003that I asked some questions about a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to everyone that responed to my questions, I am sure I will have more before this is done. I have had the boat home since Monday and have to say I am pleasantly surprised at this point, I hit the boat above the rub rail with 1000 grit polishing compound and it came back to life very nicely, I was affraid I was going to have to sand it. I am sure I will end up doing some sanding on some of the scratches on the bottom but none look to be through the gel.

The carpet will be serviceable for at least this year and the trailer is going to clean up ok also just need to paint the fenders, no big deal may just put stainless ones on there. The motor is a 260 hp offshore, the prop is a 4 blade 27 pitch, looks like it has been worked on as the 27p is scribed in there and there is no other id that I have found on it. I will try to get some photos up this weekend if it warms up enough to get it out of the shop.

pickwickangler

The gel is thick, Should buff out to new. I buffed a 20 year old allison out last year that was horrendous, 2 hours of buffin and she looked like new. Congrats on your ride I am sure you will love it.

whipper

The gel is thick, Should buff out to new. I buffed a 20 year old allison out last year that was horrendous, 2 hours of buffin and she looked like new. Congrats on your ride I am sure you will love it.
Ya congates on your new Allison.
Hey Andy hows your knob cut treating ya? I only had a chance to try mine a few runs so far because of winter up hear!