Search results

1. B

Does the Knob Cut carry a load well?

I've got a 28p Alli-Cut Chopper II that carries my boat better than anything else I've run. (XB2003 / 225PM) My boat is loaded heavy and I'm a big guy. I need something to carry the bow a little. How would a Knob Cut Chopper do? I'm looking for one in a 26P.
  2. B

XB2003 MK Fortrex or Ultrex

Has anyone installed a Minn Kota Fortrex or Ultrex on an XB2003? I really want an Ultrex with spot lock, but they stow so high I'm afraid I couldn't even see to the left while driving lol. Any pics would be awesome. Google images has failed me.
  3. B

225pm Poppet valve plumbing

My understanding of a poppet valve is that when the water pressure reaches a certain point, the poppet valve opens and allows excess pressure to vent through the hose that goes to the top of the block. This port at the top of the block dumps into the exhaust and is dumped out the motor. My...
  4. B

What's this called?

They're the bolts with a concave head that attatch to the motor bracket The trim rams on a 225 Promax push against them. One of mine fell off the other night when I tilted the motor up for travel. After looking at it, it cracked on the back side of the head and loosened up, allowing the nut to...
  5. B

Jackplate Setup

I've got stacked plates on my XB03/225PM rig. The CMC Power Lift is mounted to the transom and my Allison Plate is bolted to it. I'd like to install my skid planer. After looking at things, it looks like my only choice is to swap the plates around, as in bolt my Allison plate to the transom and...
  6. B

Any One with GPS Speedo?

I've got a HDS-5 on the dash and a blank where the speedo was. I run stock gauges and just would like a speedo that picks up the data out cables from the Lowrance to display the speed and fill that void in the dash. Anyone know of a speedo that would fill my need? Looked at teleflex sierra...
  7. B

WTT My Hydro Quad IV OT for your Knob Cut

I've got a 28p Hydromotive Quad IV OT that's been worked and labbed by Todd. I bought it from "GotMyAlly" last year. In full disclosure, he told me it had a small crack that was also repaired and by Todd. He gave it his blessing. I've run it very little mainly because I always run with a pretty...
  8. B

Is this guy on here? For Sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&item=160762830476&redirect=mobile
  9. B

Fuel filler issues XB2003

Is it just me or is filling the tank on all XB03's a pain in the butt? It seems it swedges down a few inches in and the angle of the nozzle shoved all the way in (difficult with today's rubber vapor shields) is very critical just to be able to fill at half speed or it'll back up and shut off...
  10. B

What are the chances....

Of randomly having 4 Allisons at one small gas stations at one time. I pulled in with my 03 this morning, already had an 03 and an XB21 fueling... Then an 02 wheels in, whoa. The 03 and 21 both had 300xs's and mine and the 02 had 225 promaxes. I was so amazed I never took a pic lol.
  11. B

Anyone have a Bat Turn on video?

I've heard about it over and over, I would kinda think that one has bound to have been caught on video. The only bow drop and turn that I can find is on YouTube, but it's not a sho nuff 180* come around like I hear about. Hell, I've hooked like this before at 65 overtrimmed in a big curve...
  12. B

Removable Foot Control Trolling Motor

I couldn't figure out where to put this, but you guys that have removable trolling motors, how do you handle the issue of the foot control? I leave mine unattached so it's easy to remove the whole shooting match to go play, but I hate having it move around on me while fishing. I need something...
  13. B

Chipped Skeg... What to do?

Yup, :idiot hit something subsurface and ended up with this wound... What should I do, this is a low to mid 90 mph rig. I hope the answer isn't to get a new LU :help
  14. B

XB2003 Fuel Tank????

Anyone ever add a larger or an aux fuel tank to their XB2003? 30 gallons is just not enough for running all day with the promax