Any One with GPS Speedo?

BigCountryx

I've got a HDS-5 on the dash and a blank where the speedo was. I run stock gauges and just would like a speedo that picks up the data out cables from the Lowrance to display the speed and fill that void in the dash. Anyone know of a speedo that would fill my need? Looked at teleflex sierra series, but not sure on the quality of them, not if they are the right dimension.

Rusrog

I've got a HDS-5 on the dash and a blank where the speedo was. I run stock gauges and just would like a speedo that picks up the data out cables from the Lowrance to display the speed and fill that void in the dash. Anyone know of a speedo that would fill my need? Looked at teleflex sierra series, but not sure on the quality of them, not if they are the right dimension.

I have an AutoMeter Marine Lite GPS Speedo. NIB. Polished rim, silver face with black text. Might work for what you are looking for... 270 degree sweep, 3 3/8 size.

Bobalouie

I think pretty much all the GPS speedos on the market will work. Just look and see if they have a NEMA compatible feature. If they do, they will communicate with your HDS and accept the GPS signal from your antenna..

BigCountryx

Thanks rus, but I think a black face would blend better with the stock gauges.

Bob, I figured they should all work. They pretty much all have NEMA capabilities that I've seen. Just trying to find one that doesn't come with it's own antenna (no need for the extra expense), fits in the stock hole and blends with the factory gauges. I'm sure someone has run into this before.

BTW - I am looking for a 3-3/8" gauge. That is the factory size isn't it?

Bobalouie

Yea, 3-3/8" is the factory size, and look at Livorsi's Industrial series gages. That might work for you. And you can buy it gage only with no antenna, or buy it with the kit which includes the antenna, a memory recall, and a harness.

GotMyAlly

Just make sure the NMEA versions match on your puck or lowrance output. There's NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2k. NMEA 0183 is just individual wires you'll have to splice together. NMEA 2k is more like a coax cable with connectors.

Rusrog

I have a brand new puck that doesn't work with my unit.......

Roy

Same deal here. I bought the AUTOMETER SPEEDO and could not get ti to work on my GARMIN antenna. Trying another route now. Wish I had never started this whole GPS Speedo deal.

jimbob88

What about a puck from humminbird? What do the ends hafta look like? Think I have a new one still in a bag. Thought I was gonna swap somebody for something but it didn't happen. Will look. Let me know if it's possibly compatible