Anyone have a Bat Turn on video?

BigCountryx

I've heard about it over and over, I would kinda think that one has bound to have been caught on video. The only bow drop and turn that I can find is on YouTube, but it's not a sho nuff 180* come around like I hear about. Hell, I've hooked like this before at 65 overtrimmed in a big curve, lesson learned. Not fun, but deffinately manageable. This is the one I found, post em up if u have any others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dwuKMw7IE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

patches

I think I've seen that video before. Most of the time the boat just lays down and veers off at a 45 degree angle. I've seen plenty of spins. Some I would describe as violent spins but never one caught on camera. Maybe somebody has one

BigCountryx

And don't most normally go right? The only boo boo I've had so far went left, but like I said, I was in a left hand turn and I think the *** slid right just as the bow dropped.

suicidealli

i have had the motor way to high, and forgot to lower it, and it went left.. otherwise on the big end they usually go right. i had one go right 90*, and then left 180*. i was steering the heck out of it, but it didnt matter..lol

i dont think i care to watch a video.. i might get scared...lol

i seen a ss hook and go into the trees, and a dr 20 hook and hit the bank. not pretty. heard of a ss hook, and went through a bunch of trees. never found the lower unit, and the battery went through the side of it!! there were 3 guys in it. they couldnt find 1 guy, finally they found him up under the dash. he was running in the high teens. happend at the same place were fast pass is..

roy

Last edited:

suicidealli

NOS and a drag motor!!!!! good combo to run on the beach, and into the trees with. my ss was a handful at 110 forsure. never went faster.. had the motor, but not the marbles...

Last edited:

BigCountryx

I had a neighbor back in the day hook right in mid 80s in an xb02, split some willow trees and stuck the bow 5 foot in a clay bank. Those that saw it said he just disappeared in the trees. Ripped the LU off, sent the hull to Allison, they said nothing but cosmetic damage. He had that hull back over a hundred after his broken arm healed!

BigCountryx

Probably so, happened across from Hilltop. He's the one that's made me want an Allison since I was a kid. He was in one for years before the accident and still has one today!

Jr in Jax

We had a friend take some videos of about a dozen bat turns on Crystal Lake, but I have no idea as to what happened to them. I have a bunch of still pictures of bat turns from the "Radical Boat Reunion" in Palatka.

K.Kiser

:big grin There was really good vid last year of a XR or SS turnning left at the end of a drag race. It was a really good one. ill look around for that.
Yeah, that was a youngster driving and pretty new to the racing scene I think in terms of driving... Just after the video cuts out and outside the camera view that boat was headed straight at the bank and the judges table when it spun around backward and hit the bank transom first and saving the judges... I don't think he races anymore...

BigCountryx

That would be cool Whip, thanks.

I know they all can do it, but anyone know which models are most prone to turning around? I've heard the SS is a serious hooker.

BigCountryx

Jr, it would be cool if u dig up any of those vids or pics. I know it can be serious, just never seen it first hand. I figure if I see it happen it might make be just that much more cautious!

suicidealli

that means there are 2 people that stuck a 2002 in the bank!!!!
some hooks arent bad at all. a quick turn, and a jolt. kinda like riding on a roller coaster through the turn is how i describe it. some g force. then it is over.. the bad ones are a lot worse.. the drag boat is the safest, then the ss for staying in the boat. i gues then the gs. if you hook a xb 2002 at speed their is a good chance your coming out of the boat... my woman was driving, and she came out this year. i was in the back on my knees right behind her. i had a hand on the bucket seat, or i would have been out too.
my neck was is still sore. i slammed into the rod box. just becareful!!!!!

roy