WAR 2012. May 14-20

badbait

Yes we are going to have plenty of water. I am going to make my reservations tomorrow and I suggest that if your coming you do the same.

badbait

Well as you can see from the pictures that Gary posted we have plenty of water to launch at Salt Creek. I looked at the local paper and yesterday Shasta had 28,000 cfs coming in and the total release is 3,260 cfs so we will probably see the lake come up another 10 feet at least before the rally. Right now it's 4% above average for this time of year. I made my reservations today and if you know your going for sure I suggest you make yours. I tried to make mine online and it said there was nothing available. This may be because Gary asked them to reserve the lodge for the Alllison Group. So you will need to call the 800 number 1 800-378-2177 extension 245 and speek with Nicole. I spoke with John in Washington and he will be there with his son Travis the Terminator so your stuff is going to be safe. We will need to iron out cooking asignments and there is plenty of time to do that when we have a better handle on the number coming.

badbait

The water at Lake Shasta as of today is 18' from the top. It's gone up 16' in the last 11 days. We should have a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody.

West Coast Bull

So I guess we have about 15 ? I we be up Tuesday and will do something for diner. We have had a lot of water lately so the lake should be full.

badbait

Mike, I'm sure the Lake will be as full as they let it get. It's at 14' right now and going up with this last storm. I will be going up Sunday and John says he will be there Saturday for the whole week. I'm sure Gene and Daryl will be there all week also.
So that we can start a list of who is bringing dinner when, I'm assuming your cooking either Tuesday or Wednesday (which is it). John says he will provide the steaks for one night or two if needed. Maybe we can lean on shorty and Daryl for one night. Is there anybody else that can do a night? Let us know what night you want to cook.
Bill

SLOmofo

The Lil Weasel

called me this afternoon. What a waste of breath. Told me the lake was coming up, said it rained, DUH! It rained here too, today had at least a 1/4 inch of hail and two spouts, you know the kind that Dorthy and Toto were involved with! The combination of Hail and leaves plugged up the gutters on my home and overflowed them.
He said he hadn't been actually out ON the lake, in his b o a t even though his boat is in a s l i p , like...., in the water. It's Raining! :help Some fisherman!

badbait

Gary, sorry to here that your motor is still down but that's no excuse for not coming. Bring your fishin boat and get there as early as possible. Your our leader. I guess there's no reason to bring my cat eater to the Rally since your sack of cats is dead. I'll bring the Cougar. I'm headed to Sacramento tomorrow to see if I can solve a lower unit problem. The last time I drained the oil I got a lot of filings. Probably going to find that the pinion bearing is gone, which means a new one and a gear set to match. I have an extra low hour CLE case and I hope their the same pinion and gear set so that I can swap them out.

West Coast Bull

Gary strip down the Champon and start a new " run what you brung " class and line up with Lars in his tracker.

And I will just use my trolling motor. Lol

cj707

I'll cook something wednesday night. Lets get a total number of people ASAP

badbait

Cooking Assignments

Sunday-----Bill-Burgers and Beer

Monday-----Bill and John-Chicken, Salad, and Beer

Tuesday----Mike

Wednesday-Lars

Thursday---Bill-Lasagna, Salad, and Beer

Friday------John-Steaks, Salad and Beer

Saturday---Shorty and his helper Slim Pickens

If you need to swap cooking nights let me know.

SLOmofo

Gary strip down the Champon and start a new " run what you brung " class and line up with Lars in his tracker.

And I will just use my trolling motor. Lol
Striping won't do, I think it's got water logged foam, it's real heavy in the bow and I know it has a wet transom. I'm afraid to trailer it that far.

I'll just bum rides from who ever will put up with me. If people would bring enough 100 mph tape you all could tape me to the bridge with one arm free to hold and drop the starting flag.

badbait

Gary, between all of us you will have a ride just get there and plan on helping with some of the cooking.

I plan on bringing the horseball game. I got a call from turnaround Bill today and he is planning on coming Thurs, and Friday bringing his 2003/300XS. So come all with or without a boat to Salt Creek Resort on Lake Shasta May 14th through the 20th. I will hook you up with a ride of your life. If you have a performance outboard boat whatever brand bring it. We will be doing some prop testing over a 1000' course so that you can see how well your boat stacks up against others with the same HP and length. This is not side by side racing you will be timed through a 1000' course.

SLOmofo

Bill, I don't think anything could stop me from attending. Don't care if I don't have a boat.

It's the people that make the event, the boating is just icing on the cake!

I'll try to be there Sat, but Sunday for certain.

We only live once and only for so long, something that a bout with cancer brings forward!
You all remember this.....

"We don't get out of this alive!"

I always try to help in any way I can. You wouldn't want to eat if I cooked. I and burn water and have!
I will load all the weights and buoys in the motor home and try to get enough rope.