WAR 2012. May 14-20

SLOmofo

I have a question for Lars. I know you like to go diving.....butt.

Could you post a couple of pictures of GOOD knots. Like the ones some people should use for tieing their anchor rope the their anchor.

Last edited:

NorCAlly

Hey Bill, Me and Frank won't be able to make it this year. I can't get time off and Frank will be on vacation.

Hope you guys have a great time! Be safe and sane... at least safe.

Cheers,
George

badbait

Well George, have you thought about quiting your job. You can always find another job when you get back from the Rally. As far as Frank is concerned tell him he is welcome without you anytime. I know he has a good time at these Rallys.

O'Brien 21

George, actually we enjoyed Frank a lot more than you. Your silly a** fish stories and all. We will miss you guys for sure. You know that you can come up anytime to enjoy Shasta and use the boat to keep your soda cold.

whipper

I have a question for Lars. I know you like to go diving.....butt.

Could you post a couple of pictures of GOOD knots. Like the ones some people should use for tieing their anchor rope the their anchor.
That would be a bowline. The bowline knot is a must for boaters and mariners to know. It could save your life type of knot.:big grin
This knot should be known with eyes closed and done behind back in 10 seconds or less. Thats what my skipper said to me or I wasnt aloud on the boat. I thought he was joking untill he asked me to do it or I wasnt going fishing in the Queen Charlotts on his boat!!:shock::help no problem.

Last edited:

SLOmofo

That would be a bowline. The bowline knot is a must for boaters and mariners to know. It could save your life type of knot.:big grin
This knot should be known with eyes closed and done behind back in 10 seconds or less. Thats what my skipper said to me or I wasnt aloud on the boat. I thought he was joking untill he asked me to do it or I wasnt going fishing in the Queen Charlotts on his boat!!:shock::help no problem.
James what knot would you suggest for the string around ones finger to remind oneself to tie the rope to the anchor B E F O R E tossing said anchor overboard! Oh, and what colors for the multipul strings on those fingers.

whipper

:LMAO:Half hitch left ring finger with pink line. That way every time a west coaster looks at his finger they will be reminded of the term ball and chain. That in association with said other references on the west coast to that color should remind one to tie the knot. Since the west coasters state is also known for such gender specific marriages and an Anchor related to such in reference that ought to make a good association reminding one to tie the anchor .

O'Brien 21

To help the knot challanged ones there's a little ditty that helps w/bowline knot.

"SloMo comes up out of his hole, looks around and that Trojan Larry is not there to play with, goes around the "tree", and goes back down into his hole".

There, that should help ole badbait visualize it. As with many things in life, you need to practice it often! :laughing:laughing

Last edited:

SLOmofo

I was just contacted by the lady that takes reservations for Salt Creek. She is taking off the lock for reservations for the week of the WAR2012 May 12-20. So if you are still on the fence and haven't made reservations ya better now or take your chances come next week.

fastglass1

I hope there is a room left. I am still not sure if I can make it as I am still in China. Still planning on coming down on Tusday but I will just have to see if I get home in time.

Hate it when work gets in the way of fun.

SLOmofo

The lady just wanted to open the unclaimed RV sites and cabins to other then WAR2012 people. If I remember correctly their were only 7 confirmed 3 RV and 4 cabins. I don't think there will be any problem for you. Even though he's an ODD Duck/Weasel, Gene has plenty of extra space on his house boat. Maybe on the floor, just bring a chastity belt!
Hope you can make it!

badbait

Wow, I just got back from the coast where I haven't had a computer for six days. I will be at Shasta on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.

DONNY

Hey you all I am thinking comming up for two day. wednesday and thursday.