WAR 2012. May 14-20

SLOmofo

Well the little weasel,
or as we fondly refer to him, The Vertically Challenged One, has passed the baton to me. Meaning I'm In Charge of the Salt Creek accommodations , that is unless I can badger
someone else into doing it. I was contacted today by the woman
in charge of reservations because the weasel just can't seem to get a decent Internet provider (Hughes Net) that this site will recognize and Jim aka Red Allison doesn't answer the pleas of those that want to join up.
So, as the SC rep contacts me I will post here.

SLOmofo

Yes! She assured me she'd be there and be at our beck and call!
The banded one brought his girl friend to the Delta last year! Few saw her briefly, but I got a pic! A little flat for my tastes, but she's still taller then the Weasel on the right. I think I noticed a little drool forming when he turned around.

badbait

Gary, Shasta sounds good to me if we get some water this year. Gene can you find out when we are locked into our reservations at Salt Creek in case the water is so low that we can't launch there. That would make it tough for what we do.

West Coast Bull

Gary thanks for helping Gene with the Shasta Rally this year. I know he appreciate the help, He has been very busy this year with his international film directing (IFD).if you look at his twitter and Facebook you will see what he has been doing the this year. I might be wrong but is that John helping him ? but I did see his house boat in the background . Happy New Year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sATMN74c72U

fastglass1

I am so ready for the rally. WAR will be my fifth trip in five month. Las Angeles next weekend, San Diego in February, Chine in March, Tennessee in April, and then WAR in May.

Looking forward to some running, fishing, poker, and a few drinks. I'll need the last more than the rest.

When can we make reservations?

SLOmofo

OK I talked with the lady that takes the reservations. As of this time we have the resort blocked out for May 14 th through May 20 th.
We are required to put up a 50% reservation fee soon, basically now! Full payment is due 45 days in advance. I copied this from their web site.

Arrival & Departure Check In at 4:00pm

Check Out at 11:00am
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment TermsPayment in full is due 45 days prior to arrival. Half of the reservation fees will be charged to your credit card when you book and will act as your deposit. The balance will be charged to the same card 45 days prior to your arrival. Your credit card (on file) will also act as your security deposit.

Cancellation PolicyCancellations received 45 days prior to arrival result in a refund of your deposit less 50%. No refunds for cancellations within 44 days of arrival date.

Pet Policy$10 per night will be added to your bill at check-out if you bring a pet when you stay in a cabin. No pet charge for RV sites. Only one pet per site.

Pets must be on leash and never left in cabins unattended. No pets allowed in pool area. Additional cleaning, if required, will be charged at $25 per hour.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the weather or lack of it, the big question is will there be enough water at the resort launch ramp. I am waiting for a couple call backs in regards to anticipated water levels.

Now we need firm commitment $$$$ , where ever we are going to go! I'm starting a sign up post.

badbait

Reading the rules makes me believe that the resort must of had some bad experiences with cancelations and people tearing things up. I personally think we should pull our reservation and wait until we get closer to our May 14th date and take our chances. That way more people will know for sure if they can get away and for how long they plan to attend. With the way the economy is some guys may not want to stay all week. Since some of our guys are band from posting on this site they should call one of us and let us know if there coming this year so that we have a feel for the number that will be there.

SLOmofo

As much as I love going to Lake Shasta, I think your right Bill. It's too much to risk in these times especially with unknown water level concerns. Not to say plans/lakes have changed, it's just the reservation aspect.

I/we need input from other prospective attendees. Otherwise were going to Almanor..........

As to the Banded One/One's, It's just a multiple personality thingy! Rrrrrrrr!