WAR 2012. May 14-20

cj707

I'm in wherever we end up. And I'm sure John is too. But if you guys look at the link I posted a while ago http://www.shastalake.com/shastalake/. The water has been slowly going up for the last month. We can wait, but I would'nt panic

badbait

I sure would like to here from the following so that we have some idea of how to proceed. A yes, no or maybe would help us do further planning. Neil, George, Ron, Gordon John Y, Allen, Donny, Lou, Brian, Gene, Jay, Larry, and turn around Bill from the Bay Area. If you know for sure you can't make it that would also be very helpful. Either post or e-mail me at nylbilll@aol.com

Last edited:

BornYoung

I sure would like to here from the following so that we have some idea of how to proceed. A yes, no or maybe would help us do further planning. Neil, George, Ron, Gordon John Y, Allen, Donny, Lou, Brian, Gene, Jay, Larry, and turn around Bill from the Bay Area. If you know for sure you can't make it that would also be very helpful. Either post or e-mail me at nylbilll@aol.com
As of right now I regret I won't be able to make it up to Shasta, if something changes I'll let you guys know.:don't_care

1FASTALLI

Hey guys me and Angela won't be able to make this year. Are work won't gives the days off this years. See all of you in WAR 2013.

Ron

Last edited:

badbait

I got a report on the water level at lake Shasta today from Gene. There is plenty of water for Launching today and they don't expect the lake to go down before the Rally.

Sorry to here that Ron and Angela can't make it. John Y if things change for you let us know we will make space for you.

We still need to hear from, George, Gordon, Allen, Donny, Lou, Larry, Brian and turn around Bill.

If there are any new people out there that want to come let us know.

Last edited:

fastglass1

When is everyone making reservation? It seems everyone has been holding off due to water levels but Gene's report looks good and I will be ready to make my reservation in about 2 weeks when I get back from a trip to China.

badbait

Bob, Shorty's report does sound good. But if for some unforseen reason the water level isn't where Shorty says it will be we loose our deposit. I'm not sure what everybody wants to do as far as taking a chance on Shorty's water report. I know Shorty is well conected, but not sure just how well connected he is with Mother Nature. I will certainly go along with whatever the majority wants to do. The worst thing that can happen is that we won't be able to launch at Salt Creek, and that really sucks since we aren't all avid fishermen that don't mind putting in once and staying out all day fishing. One of the things that makes Salt Creek Resort a good fit is we can come in for lunch and maybe a beer or two. That's pretty much out if we can't launch there.

What does every body think?

SLOmofo

I don't give much credence to someone under 4'2" tall. Sorry I'm just prejudiced. Not that I don't like him, I do, but. If he was a girl, that would be another subject.........
The vertically challenged one sent me some pic's but they were of some midget car with bird **** all over it, not the Salt Creek bridge like he said he was going to send.
Right now I'm with Bill, not really with him but thinking the same as. I can launch almost anywhere. We launched at little Lake Amador when it was really low. The road went into a cut where there was 18" on each side of the camper jacks and the rock on each side. We launched in the dark. One club tournament we launched at Cachuma Lake. They had a floating launch ramp. It was a platform you backed the trailer onto. As the trailer rolled onto the platform the platform sank and the boat floated off. That was spooky as the water was about 80' deep.
As I was typing this, this came up> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2le2TzBpJM must have been the correct letters and #s.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
One club tournament we launched at Cachuma Lake. They had a floating launch ramp. It was a platform you backed the trailer onto. As the trailer rolled onto the platform the platform sank and the boat floated off. That was spooky as the water was about 80' deep.

You have a link or pictures of that? Sounds weird.

badbait

Loading back up on that floating dock must of been a hoot. Did you go by slow and put up a roller and come back and jump it on to the trailer. Gary your just not right. Maybe that's why you and shorty are getting along so well.

SLOmofo

As I don't remember much anymore I'll ask Chris(the memory dept). I do remember it was wierd seeing the boat and trailer on the dock and then the dock sinking with them on it .
What we do to fish!

Kerry Cordy

I will attend for 2 days during the week. most likely Thursday and Friday. I have 40 people at my house Saturday for an annual BBQ I host each year for work.

Please keep me posted and add me to the list. Let me know what I need to bring.

Thanks, Allen Cordy. Kacordy@gmail.com

badbait

Alan, glad to here you can make it for at least a few days, I also heard from Larry today. He plans to make the rally for a few days also.

badbait

Gary, I'm staying in Paso Robles staying at the Wine Country RV Resort for a few days give me a call. I don't have your number with me but I will try to look up your shop number.