Yup. Scott.

Different length
Different width
Different deadrise
More strakes
Different width pad

But ya, the same.

RBT

I have heard that myth for a decade, but the fact is they are very different. Wally is an innovator, like Paul/Darris. It does look similar, but put them Side by side and the difference is clear.

RBT

It is like saying a full throttle is a mirage..... That's for you Scott.

Kcraft

You would think that a GT 20 with a Big Block would be "no problem"
There is a Blue and white RR XR's out there with a E Tec +++:blah blah blah
Just Do It.:punch
:razz

racerx

Why put a E-tec on a RR when they go faster old school...

Darth VMAX

My guess would be new technology and people wanting new powere instead of constantly working on the old school stuff keeping it alive.

I think its cool....its literally watching the process of adaptation which in the end leads to higher performance. A lot of "thinking outside the box" going on...

Kcraft

This is beautiful:big grin

Not too too far out of the box thinking, just the obvious...:big grin
XS for play day or a X for pay day...:at the bar

whipper

Why put a E-tec on a RR when they go faster old school...
Thats a very good point Jeff. I would also say thats not the hull for a BB. The 21fters and 03,s are the only boats that have shown promise with the BB really. I mean you can try anything but a 260 or drag gets a RR into the 120,s+ so messing with a motor setup on hull that all ready holds records with a 2.4 and 2.5 seems no point in trying a low rever.

Its like that 18ft Bayliner that did 120mph with a BB inboard. The hull was designed to do 50mph but were theres a will theres a way..And really the 260 modded is the perfect motor for the GS and Xb03 really. Balance and safety into the 104ish mark has been proven to work for years. A 300 on a XB2003 barrel rolled yes. Not good and ver sad and unfortunate. But at the same time more 260 XS and XB,s have hooked.... its all about the setup and mostly the respect the driver has for the conditions and combo running assuming were all good drivers. Then still anything can happen.

As far as the GT20 accommodating a 250xs or 300xs same thing applies. Though the bow of the GT to me anyway looks a little on the big side to fly much past 100. To me she looks like they would catch to much air and force the air in a down and out with not enough even distribution funneling toward the stern to put up really big numbers. If i were a betting man my money would go to the XB21 light layup. So the XB21 hull with a xb2002R style top deck and a punched out 300XS. So no extra weight small consol XB2002 style center steer cock pit engine fairing. That hull to me looks like she would put up some healthy numbers with 50+ years of Allison magic below the the rubrail!! Guys are getting around 100 with stock power loaded to the nuts with all the bells and whistles. Make that bottom configuration on a 900lbs or less boat with a 300xs and she would be a very fast boat I think with a few tweeks hear and there.:beer:

Last edited:

whipper

Not too too far out of the box thinking, just the obvious...:
Yes one of my favorites!! Man they should make a bronzed statue of that motor so we can hail to the king! In wikipedia under super sick this the motor that should appear!!! :big grin

RBT

Harry's boat is one of my all time favorites, the color is awesome. The motor is another story, it is one of the late GREAT Galen Burdens monsters. It alone is a work of art!

xb03fs

Not too too far out of the box thinking, just the obvious...:big grin
Great guy for sure. Motor is even more impressive in person.

Yellowallison

Yup. Scott.

Different length
Different width
Different deadrise
More strakes
Different width pad

But ya, the same.
Must not been DIFFERENT ENOUGH for WALLY to keep building them? which might explain why when I last seen the V21/GT20 molds they was full of rain water providing a nice home to family of South Carolina Bull frogs outback of Wallys shop :big grin

CARRY ON RBT.......didn't mean to interupt you being BILL SEEBOLD/REGGIE FOUNTAIN again :LMAO: on Allison owners...

Last edited:

RBT

Never let the facts get in the way of your delusional reality. Call Wally.
Have you ever contributed anything, beside perpetuating you own personal vendettas? If you don't like me, my posts or anything else try the ignore button.

Last edited:

Yellowallison

Never let the facts get in the way of your delusional reality. Call Wally.
Have you ever contributed anything, beside perpetuating you own personal vendettas? If you don't like me, my posts or anything else try the ignore button.
Heard and seen it @ Wally's...dont need to call Wally.....yep my vendetta is bustin ya balls when u say BS related to Allison boats .....:beer:

Contribute?....u tell us plenty...and funny thing is...none of its about ALLISON BOATS....well other then your plans to POP a XR2002 in Canada :punch

Carry on......

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

So it is one of he 4 new xr2001's with the transom/splashwell mods? I was thinking there were 4 and one was Galen blue.

RBT

No the new blue is Brett's, it is also big block powered.
Harry is older, it is probably 09 ish.

Scott will fill you in on the rest.