Search results

1. B

If a guy wants a 200 APX?

If a guy wanted a Mercury Racing to 200 APX... ...how would you get one? What do you think of this motor? How would it perform on a XB 2003 or an XB 2002? https://www.powerboatracingworld.com/mercury-racing-reveal-new-200-apx-motor/ How would you compare it to my 225 Mariner Super Magnum...
  2. B

How to: Go Pro Camera setups for action video?

Do any of you have a go pro or other camera somehow attached to your Allison for shooting video as the action unfolds. I bought a suction cup, I don't trust it. I also can't put it anywhere, so that I can get much of the boat in the video. Water can get rough here so I am looking for...
  3. B

Allison skid planer is magical with 115hp

When we went from Mariner 225 on XB 2003 down to the newer Mercury 115 we had trouble planing as more people got on the boat and tackle boxes etc. We tried various props & pitches with unsatisfactory results. The Allison Skid Planer out performs Allison's claims. With the 25 inch and 26 inch...
  4. B

Set back that Allison recommended...

I am trying a different, low HP motor. I still have the 225 Super Magnum that came with my Allison XB 2003. The 225 was on a 13 inch set back. Things were not working out when we put the low HP motor on (115 Mercury). The hole shot was horrible and 56 mph was the highest speed we had...
  5. B

New Ulterra mega image on my xb 2003

Going from 2d Sonor to all of this allows me to nose right on to the brush pile!
  6. B

Pole Holders for winter's Trolling in an Allison?

I'll attach a couple of images of make shift Pole Holders in my Allison. I do have a couple of Scotty's at the rear rails of my xb 2003. But when your super cold, '& you have extra clothes and clutter in your boat it is tough to get back there... ...afraid someone will fall in maybe... would...
  7. B

How to, xb cockpit area, snow and rain?

Do you expose your xb to snow fall - rain fall? How do you keep the cover from filling up like a swimming pool in the xb cockpit area with snow and rain? I have been using large exercise balls. It only works to some degree. If I continually go out out and work on not allowing major build...
  8. B

But what about the snow?

It is my goal to remove the snow today. I need to have my Allison running by Thursday so I can test props and & some new electronics. We will be on the river Saturday for a local Walleye tournament. The 1st day, a leaf blower kept the snow from getting so thick. There are a couple of ice...
  9. B

Recommendations, XB2003 with 115 slow to plane...

At times I have a need to get 700 pound family fisherman crew up on plane in my 1998 XB 2003, with a new to me Mercury Pro XS 115. With 115 the boat bogs down and takes a bit to get on plane without water & fish in the livewell. When we add water and fish then everyone has to stand next to me...
  10. B

'98 Allison XB2003/Mercury FourStroke 115 How well would it do, when matched to a

Any thoughts on how well a '98 Allison XB2003 when matched to a Mercury FourStroke 115, would do?
  11. B

Any Expert close to the N.W. for ProMax & Mariner Super Magnum?

I have a Mariner Super Magnum that has multiple issues & has never been right. It has a new power head, on a 1 piece adapter and a short shaft. It needs new eyes! Thanks for any help or guidance. A couple of issues: it want get warm at dock (it stays the temperature of the river). Gets up...
  12. B

WTB - 1997 Mariner 225 Super Magnum Service Manual (Mercury 225 Pro Max)

If anyone has an extra Mercury/Mariner 225 Super Magnum (Pro Max) service manual that they would sell, I want to buy. I have a 1997 Mariner Super Magnum. Thanks
  13. B

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Geoff McMillan

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Geoff McMillan. I purchased his boat and I have a question that I would like to see if he can answer. http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/1998-xb2003pt.4508/#lg=post-41887&slide=4 http://www.allisonowners.com/owners/GeoffM.html
  14. B

Carbs or EFI - Rebuild high performance Mariner.

Carbs or EFI - I have to rebuild my “new to me” high performance 225 Super Magnum Mariner. Currently it is EFI, but as long as I am rebuilding her, should I convert to carburetors? Or something else? background: (I have a well maintained but never rebuilt 1992 Mariner 200hp with carbs...
  15. B

Brackets to temporarily mount kicker motor??

Does anyone know of a way to mount a Kicker motor to an Allison XB 2003 temporarily? I have a 1982 4hp Johnson, weighs 30 pounds, that I use for trolling assist in the higher current sections of the Columbia river... My nephew wants my Champion 20 footer. So I would need a way to add a kicker...
  16. B

"Golden Era" of High Performance Outboard Motors

I have collected and sold high end guitars for 40 plus years. The '30's are considered the "Golden Era" for acoustic guitars, while the '50's are generally considered the "Golden Era" by many for electric guitars. Many, many great guitars (and recordings from gtrs built outside of these...
  17. B

Black Box "Charge on the Run" from Stealth. New meter also. Much quicker recharge of the Lithium Trolling Motor batteries...

Had Barry's Mobile Marine take out my blue box "Charge on the Run" and install the Black Box from Stealth. The black box starts charging the Lithium batteries much sooner than the Blue box. New meter also. The voltage levels of the cranking battery and the lithium trolling motor batteries...
  18. B

Mazco 5 Blade ? Xb 2003

Along with an Xb 2003/supermagnum boat that I recently bought, i also got 3 props and this is one of the them. In the sealed clear packing envelop on the box there is an invoice/packing slip that shows a 26 pitch prop. The number on the prop itself ends with 23, I take that to mean a 23 pitch...
  19. B

If buying a boat from Canada... any "real world" advice?

In the past, I sold (and purchased) some of the world's expensive guitars. There are "Real World" things to know about guitar transactions... ...boats having registrations, licences, etc. trailers being licensed vehicles in many states, have to be more complicated. So for anyone who has bought...
  20. B

multiple unrelated product listings... ...messing with the "WHat's new" list.

Is there a way to use the "What's new" list without seeing all of the unrelated product listings from this Chinese manufacture? http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/stainless-steel-glass-holders.21399/...