But what about the snow?

BigRWater

It is my goal to remove the snow today. I need to have my Allison running by Thursday so I can test props and & some new electronics. We will be on the river Saturday for a local Walleye tournament. The 1st day, a leaf blower kept the snow from 15339getting so thick. There are a couple of ice crusts in the mix now. If you have experience getting the hardened snow off, please let me know. I'm interested.

GotMyAlly

One week of this white frozen crap is more than I can stand. I don't know why anybody wants to live where this is the norm. :p

GotMyAlly

Should be 50 degrees here and approaching pre-spawn fishing. Instead we have single digit temps and in the midst of our second snow storm. First time ive seen many of these bodies of water around here freeze over.

BigRWater

Should be 50 degrees here and approaching pre-spawn fishing. Instead we have single digit temps and in the midst of our second snow storm. First time ive seen many of these bodies of water around here freeze over.
I don't think of your area as ever being this cold. Our average for February is 48 degrees (similar to what your saying for your area)... ...I don't think that we have had any single digit temps here this year... (yet) ...good luck to you,

BigRWater

Beautiful image! Thanks! We are getting some relief here also. Most of our snow is gone. But where you are looks great!

ROBERT CROSS

Sure rub it in...Lake Erie out the Kitchen window....15370

ROBERT CROSS

My goodness! Is this image really, " out your Kitchen window" and is it yesterday?
We be at the East end of Erie, the Westerlies blow a lot and pile the lake ice on shore.
Lake is frozen now but as soon as it starts to break up it'll pile again. That pic taken last Spring after a big blow.
Actually in front of the window...;)

BigRWater

We be at the East end of Erie, the Westerlies blow a lot and pile the lake ice on shore.
Lake is frozen now but as soon as it starts to break up it'll pile again. That pic taken last Spring after a big blow.
Actually in front of the window...;)
Thst's awesome. It appears that you get the full impact of the seasons. If you get the chance show us a Springtime image of the same view.

ROBERT CROSS

Here it is in June...15428

We are pretty lucky though....We can go from here all the way up to Nia. Falls, 50mi, or 240mi West to Detroit, after all it is the smallest of the Great Lakes.

Last edited: