Search results

1. 18ftswitzer

Offshore racing SS-2000?!??

Anyone have info on this boat
  2. 18ftswitzer

Offshore racing in an Allison!!!

Anyone have any info on this boat/race team?!
  3. 18ftswitzer

Anyone have the Allison skid planer instuctions?

I lost my instructions and just put on a new jack plate. Any help will be great! Thanks
  4. 18ftswitzer

Anyone runnin KOSO egt gauge?

Just wondering if anyone is runnin KOSO egt gauges. I was looking at the Koso Dual, Tach, Water Temp & (2)Stinger EGT's. Does anyone have a pic of the probes istalled? I have a 95 Merc promax 225. And do you think the KOSO probes will be long enough? Any help would be great.
  5. 18ftswitzer

Counter weight?

So I finally manned up and bought 50lbs of lead shot for counter weight. My question is, what is everyone doin with the bags? What I mean is, do you just leave it like it is in the bag, or does it break or leak? I was told to put each one in a fanny pack or something. I bought 2 from walmart...
  6. 18ftswitzer

Skid-planer help!

Does anyone have pics of a skid-paner mounted to a Allison big slot jackplate?
  7. 18ftswitzer

Hydrofoil on Grandsport

Does anyone have pictures of a hydrofoil mounted to a Allison big slot jack plate? Doesnt have to be a grandsport. Thanks
  8. 18ftswitzer

HELP getting steering parts!

The 2 balljoints that bolt to the engine turn plate are worn out and the local Merc dealer cant find anything for me. They seem like a general balljoint to me. I dont have a pic yet, but any help would be great, thanks.
  9. 18ftswitzer

Picking out new guages, HELP!!!!!!!

So I am going to buy new Livorsi guages and I need some help picking some out. How do people like the digital tachs? What sizes are my guages? Should I run dual EGT's, one for each bank? Im also trying to figure out what color combo so if you guys could post pics of your dash that...
  10. 18ftswitzer

Check this out!!!!!!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/The-Sweetest-Amphibious_711205.htm
  11. 18ftswitzer

My first couple times out by myself.

First day out by myself. I used a 40lbs bag of water softener salt for counter weight. It was windy so I had to run about 50 yards offfshore to get some smooth water. My set up- 28 Mazko, 1/4 tank, prop shaft 1" below pad. The best I could get was 81.1mph @ 6500rpm, I tried trimming up a...
  12. 18ftswitzer

Some questions to get me started.

If anyone could answer any of these questions it would be great. 1. Is a "chopper" prop a brand or a style? 2. What is the gains or loses of a 15" or 20" mid? 3. Should I run a top loader hotfoot, is it any better? 4. I siliconed my depth finder in and now it doesnt work, how should I...
  13. 18ftswitzer

Just bought a Allison GS!

So yeah its another newbie thread! I bought a 93 GS, with a 95 Merc PM 225 for $11,500 last friday. At first I wasnt so sure about it, but figured I had to get it set up right. Ive driven the boat about 3 hours total so far and after getting it set up way better I love it. My best so far is...