Picking out new guages, HELP!!!!!!!

18ftswitzer

So I am going to buy new Livorsi guages and I need some help picking some out.

How do people like the digital tachs?

What sizes are my guages?

Should I run dual EGT's, one for each bank?

Im also trying to figure out what color combo so if you guys could post pics of your dash that would be great!

This is a what mine looks like, but I am going to order the new style backrounds that are fake carbon from Allison.

Mr. Scary

I'm not trying to steer you away from Livorsi, but I LOVED my Nordskog gauges. They worked great and they were quite a bit cheaper than Livorsi. I had the Digital GPS as well as the Digital Tach. I LOVED the tach. It read great and had a recall. The GPS also had a recall of the speed, but the tach built into the GPS speedo did not have a recall so that's why I went with the digital tach.

I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

As for EGT, if you're going to do it, I'd go dual bank. There are several options there - analog and digital. http://www.exhaustgas.com is a great place to see a lot of different options in that area.

Here's a pic.

Last edited:

SLOmofo

Refresh rate. Analog is ancient history, digital is now.
Not sure if the RacPac 3 is still available but it has tach, 3 heat inputs.Recorder/play back.
I have 2 in the exahaust adaptor and the 3rd directly in the water jacket. They have a BRIGHT red warning LED that flashes when your set over temp limit is reached.
One morning it saved the engine when the water intake was covered by a Freitos bag.

Last edited:

Brack

I put the Nordskog gauges in my last Allison,......and put Gaffrig gauges in the Allison I have now,....I was wanting the Nordskogs, but they dont offer the 2-1/16 anymore,they do have a few odd's and end's in that size...but not the gauges you will need,... unless you can find a dealer that has them in stock your out-ta luck,......they do offer the 2-5/8 inch gauges tho,...

like Sam said, the Nordskogs are real nice gauges for a great price.

I went with White face/chrome rims ....Look at the Gaffrig, it will save ya some dollars over the Livorsi

Last edited:

Mr. Scary

Refresh rate. Analog is ancient history, digital is now.
Not sure if the RacPac 3 is still available but it has tach, 3 heat inputs.Recorder/play back.
I have 2 in the exahaust adaptor and the 3rd directly in the water jacket. They have a BRIGHT red warning LED that flashes when your set over temp limit is reached.
One morning it saved the engine when the water intake was covered by a Freitos bag.
The Racepak Avenger I is still available. That's a tach and two inputs. It only shows one EGT at a time, but you can program it to always show the hottest of the two which will at least give you some protection. It's pricey though.

Fishforcash

This is a taste of whats going in my XTB (they are going over red anodized bezels). I like the digital but I am going with more of a retro look. The black dash panels are gone now and its gauges over bezels on white fiberglass.

This is my old XB2003 dash that is now in Canada. Livorsi gauges with a Gaffrig duel pyro.