Just bought a Allison GS!

18ftswitzer

So yeah its another newbie thread! I bought a 93 GS, with a 95 Merc PM 225 for $11,500 last friday. At first I wasnt so sure about it, but figured I had to get it set up right. Ive driven the boat about 3 hours total so far and after getting it set up way better I love it. My best so far is 79mph with 5 people and a full tank, 28" prop. Hopefully I get a chance to run it again this week with less weight and see what speeds I can reach. I hate to say it but I think this is going to be an addictive new toy!

whipper

Congats and welcome to the Allison Owners!!
I hope you enjoy your GS as much as me and the rest of us GS owners. The perfict Family sized fast sport boat.
Be carfull with the learning curve and youll be doing 90 before ya know it. Later james

catfish123

Congratulations on the boat..........you must have some trusting friends or family members to venture out with you while you are still in the learning curve...........nobody else wanted to be in the boat with me..........LOL

18ftswitzer

Thanks guys.

When I first got the boat it handled terrible, but after talking to Barris Allison and getting the set up better, it handles 10 times better. This kind of boat is new to me and he was very helpful, I realy appreciated him taking the time to help me out. Im sure I will learn tons more from people on here as time goes on!

aaronmt

SEEEEAAAATTTT TIIIIMMMEEE!!! Im not sure id be running 79 with 5 people yet myself.If ya have had a grandsport before then its not such a big deal.Of the 3 allisons ive drivin the gs is alot more unforgiving.I personaly would go out by myself and some extra weight for the port side and burn some gas with a smaller pitch prop.That way you get a feel of hanging it out to get the last few mph without the huge number just yet.Just my oppinion.Lets see some pics. Aaron

18ftswitzer

SEEEEAAAATTTT TIIIIMMMEEE!!! Im not sure id be running 79 with 5 people yet myself.If ya have had a grandsport before then its not such a big deal.Of the 3 allisons ive drivin the gs is alot more unforgiving.I personaly would go out by myself and some extra weight for the port side and burn some gas with a smaller pitch prop.That way you get a feel of hanging it out to get the last few mph without the huge number just yet.Just my oppinion.Lets see some pics. Aaron
The only props I have are Mazco 28" & 30", and a Chopper 32". I feel I have a pretty good handle on driving already, not to sound full of myself or cocky but I have always picked up on driving and riding things quick. I didnt pay attention to my RPMs though, I was just focused on the water and the wheel.

What RPM should I see out of a 95 merc 225? Its stock?

18ftswitzer

I figured it would be a different animal by myself, I plan on wearing a life vest and running it up faster and faster. It did feel pretty stable with all the extra weight.

whipper

The only props I have are Mazco 28" & 30", and a Chopper 32". I feel I have a pretty good handle on driving already, not to sound full of myself or cocky but I have always picked up on driving and riding things quick. I didnt pay attention to my RPMs though, I was just focused on the water and the wheel.

What RPM should I see out of a 95 merc 225? Its stock?
6750 at 95ish mph with the 30 solo.

Mr. Scary

Let's go for a ride sometime. I can go over it with you and we can make sure everything is set and rigged right. It sounded good when we spoke the day you picked it up.

Congrats!