Search results

1. jcoats3

Promax 225 crank

I'm need a new or replacement. Part number on mine is 455-850690T1. It is discontinued as new. Only one that shows is a part number 455-9536T4. I don't have my engine block serial number with me at moment. Was wondering if any one new the difference in the two cranks. Or had a good used one...
  2. jcoats3

Bad day fishing get worse

Sat. Morning was great day starting till after all said and done. I watched 15 pounds of fish come off my hooks at the boat jumping over net and all. That would have won my club tournament. Then in way back to landing with only the two fish me and my son was able to out in boat out of 15 on...
  3. jcoats3

Head gaskets

Is there much any other way for water to get in a cylinder then a head gasket. Without major destruction. Went to change the plugs and notice moisture on the plug in #6 cylinder. 225 promax. Was rebuilt little over 2 years ago got around 50 hours on now. Fixing pull the head to look but was...
  4. jcoats3

Ally cooler

Just let see for bit. Sorry.
  5. jcoats3

Sons 8th birthday monday

Wife just finished this for party tomorrow. As extra bonus for him he beat me fishing this morning in little club get together. I didn't put a keeper in boat.
  6. jcoats3

ODBA in Wetumpka, AL

Anyone here going (watch or race). was wondering about times both days. Planning on take the boy to watch
  7. jcoats3

Best option

Wanting to help get out of hole better when loaded down for day with family. Just have to really feather throttle to keep from blowing out bad then real slow getting out running once break over hooks up and runs Trying find happy medium for most of time be out fishing in mornings light load...
  8. jcoats3

last trip of year

The boy and me had good last day of year. Put 6 in boat lost a few more. He had the biggest on last cast to finish it up. Asked if he wanted to hold it for picture he said " you can" as if he holds them everyday.
  9. jcoats3

anniversary present

Think wife is startingto accept her. This what she got me for our anniversary . The other was the original one from 94.
  10. jcoats3

small hup chopper style props

I've never had any dealings myself with choper, et, drag style props alwas used thru hub or over thru styles. I have a regular bass mid. Looking around at different props and wondering will this style work w/ all exhaust gasses going out the bottom. Do you need to do somthing extra to get them...
  11. jcoats3

Russellville Arkansas

Up here till friday, wife had to come up here for work so made a family trip out of it. Me and kids checking out the area during the day. Any one familiar with the area know any good local eats around area. And no didn't get the Ally up here to check out Lake Dardanelle. Short notice for...
  12. jcoats3

back from Eufaula AL.

Had a two day club tournament this weekend. I won it all with 25.6 lbs and big fish second day with a 5.6 lb spot. Missed out big fish on first day by 1/2 lb with a 3.4 pounder. Everone caught some good fish. Alot better then our trip last year over there. The outher guys kid me about out...
  13. jcoats3

How this compares to others

wondering how my numbers and set compare to others with a xb2003 running a 225pm. Have not been around other Allisons to see. Just finished breaking the motor in from the rebuild (conneting rod bearing on #1 hole ). Ran it the other day with just me in boat gps showed 84mph turning a 27 pitch...
  14. jcoats3

Chattanooga area

Wife and I brought the kids up to go to the aquarium, was wondering anyone familiar with area know of a good local eating place around to try. Instead of normal tourist places. And no a trip up the road to the Ally plant not work in this trip, I tried just not enought time. Thanks.
  15. jcoats3

Time to spend some money

The pm gave up saturday afternoon. Had 2 miles of trolling after this.
  16. jcoats3

livewell divider

Was going call Bill tomorrow. Thought I would ask the other experts. Did the XB2003 come w/ a divider in the livewell. Mines a 94 model was thinking how I could divide the well to keep two people fish separate easy w/o cull floats. Saw that a grove is on the front and back walls. Thought...
  17. jcoats3

tilt/trim

At what rpm range does is tilt system took out while running. I noticed this morning is was just crusing and messing with the trim. And mine started tilting up. Tach was around 3100. Never noticed it before. Thanks.
  18. jcoats3

225pm voltage regulators

The other day tach started jumping while running when got to house found the gray tack lead had rubbed some of insulation off and almost to the copper. Tapped up and rerouted around. Took to river to see and still jumping. Swapped to other regulator and tach held rock steady. Plan on when get...
  19. jcoats3

prop rings

I know no two set ups run the same. Has any one had to run prop rings on trophy or hydo over,thru hubs. To cut off gas flow on blades. Talked to Todd and said sounds like what I need on mine. Just wondering if others have needed them or my set up different. Didn't have the slipping problem...
  20. jcoats3

swapped to sportmaster

Just got back from river running new sporty lower. Had a coned torque master on before. Now when take off basic 2 person tournament load ,only had about 20 gallons of fuel it slipping bad. When Rpms hit about 3000 and shoot to about5500 for sew seconds then jump to around 6200 to 6300. If stay...