small hup chopper style props

jcoats3

I've never had any dealings myself with choper, et, drag style props alwas used thru hub or over thru styles. I have a regular bass mid. Looking around at different props and wondering will this style work w/ all exhaust gasses going out the bottom. Do you need to do somthing extra to get them to hook up or just find one that works w/ setup.

whipper

Ive found Choppers work best worked. The older Choppers ran real well worked but didn't last long. Chopper11 is a popular prop and less prone to cracking over the older small ears or even the older big ears for that matter. Props from Hydromotive, Hoss and Performance props seem to be the most durable and will run with a worked chopper any day. Merc props are pretty good but not the same quality as the 3 mentioned again what Ive found only. Maybe some others had better luck then i have with them. A light setup with high HP the ET is very popular. A heavy setup with a 225 or less you'll need more lift than an et will give in stock form. Worked might be different Ive only tried two stock ones. With a 260+ they might have been better judging buy what I see. Guys with a 260 or 280 like the ET but I don't know to many with a 225 that would make them there #1 pick.
Thats my two cents.

jcoats3

Got a xb2003 with 225pm and bass mid section. Wondering does the bass mid make it harder to get one to hook up then the offshore style since all the gasses are going over the prop. Or do they just need to be tuned for the extra gasses that could cause them to slip.

TBuck2003

No question the exhaust gasses from a bass mid cause more disturbance to the water flow. You can get over hub props to work on bass mids it is done all the time. It will be better if it is dialed in for your rig. I personally like the over/ through on that set up. Some of the gasses come through the prop and some come over. Have propped out a TON of boats with that set up, with very positive results...