Best option

jcoats3

Wanting to help get out of hole better when loaded down for day with family. Just have to really feather throttle to keep from blowing out bad then real slow getting out running once break over hooks up and runs Trying find happy medium for most of time be out fishing in mornings light load then out later with 4 people. Running a 27 quad IV it. On xb2003 w/ 225pm. Manual jack plate 11 inch setback. 3/16 below pad. I'm sure a skid planner would do great but I have a plate on bottom of Jack plate now w/ transducer mounted for side imaging not sure if can get transducer mounted in good spot with planner on. Thinking about the ally foil. Wondering if others that have use can say. Or find smaller wheel and change back and forth. Wanting most bang for my buck to start. Thanks

GotMyAlly

If you're having to feather the throttle to keep the prop from loosing bite, that makes me think you need to plug up some vent holes. Does your prop have PVS sized holes, or the smaller ones?

jcoats3

Actually it has no holes some how got out of the shop without any of them. I have called them about getting a ring put on and drill pvs holes. Might be easy and change out plugs for loads.

2Fast2Pass

Ally foil will help but not a fix all! Sounds like your prop is most all of your issue. And i'm not saying your 27 quad iv isn't a good prop!!! just doesn't have the holeshot you are looking for.

GotMyAlly

I ran an X-OT on mine when I had the boat really loaded down. If you've got 4 adults, that's a pretty good load. Swapping props is a little of an inconvenience, but a drop in pitch sure helps if it's 4 big boys in the boat.

Lotus 50

I would start with the Ally foil. My experience has been big improvement. Easy to do and cheaper than a prop.

jcoats3

The foil would help on all my holeshots want it. Just hate to drill holes in a year old sporty but if worth it will do