Search results

1. fenwayfear

fuel filter replacement

I will start by saying I have never replaced the fuel filter. I am sure it is quick and easy, I just would like some info on it before I try. I assume the fuel filter and water separator are one, correct? Anyone have a tutorial for replacing fuel filters for Dummies? info: 1998 225 stock...
  2. fenwayfear

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

I have a 1997 mercury promax 225 that started beeping on me recently. Local boat guy said it is probably a bad cap. Any thoughts on this issue?
  3. fenwayfear

Unique Boat Products skid planner w/LSS-1 mount

http://uniqueboatproducts.org/JackPlateItems.htm Anyone here have any dealing with UBP. I like the idea behind the skid planner with the lowrance LSS-1 transducer mount built into the bottom of the plate. It is made for the Rapid Jack plate, which I have on my boat. Will this plate...
  4. fenwayfear

Wtb alien skirt for promax 225

As some of u know mine was stolen off my motor. Thx.
  5. fenwayfear

I got robbed!

Well I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. Some low-life hooked the skirt off my ProMax. Odd thing is that is all they took. I knew something was wrong when I went to take cover off and two off the straps were undone. Walked to back noticed something did not look right, then...
  6. fenwayfear

Hose adapter for Sportmaster lower unit?

What does everyone use to run their motors on the hose? I have a ProMax with a sportmaster lower and was wanting to build or buy something that does not cost $50.
  7. fenwayfear

Hydomotive Quad IV X-O/T?

I am talking to a guy about this prop, but do not really know how the "X-O/T" will perform on my XB2003/225PM/Sporty/three batts and a normal fishing load. I have read plenty on how great the "O/T" preforms on the XB2003, but have not read anything about the "X-O/T".
  8. fenwayfear

Allison 10" Jackplate for sale.

Excellent condition the first $250 plus shipping gets it. Same plate Allison sells for less than 1/2 the price. Hardware included! Cell: 704.572.0396 (Mitch) Email: ncaadawgs@yahoo.com
  9. fenwayfear

Rapid Jack Plate installed! Pics!

Finally got my new Rapid Jack Plate installed. Thanks to the guys over at Hydro Dynamics for a great product. It truly is a work of art. Here are a few pics:
  10. fenwayfear

Best place to have prop worked

Just purchased a 28p Hoss Triton I. It needs some TLC to bring back to like new condition. Only thing it needs is some edge work on the blades, they have some minor scuffs and nicks. Where should I send and what should I have done to it? Boat is an XB03/225PM/sporty.
  11. fenwayfear

New Jackplate ordered.

I ordered a new 14" Rapid Jackplate from Hydro Dynamics. Looking ahead what needs to be done to uninstall and install the new JP. Someone in previous thread mentioned taking the gas tank out. It look like you just unbolt the old and bolt on and seal the new one. :confused: Some info...
  12. fenwayfear

Will this work on an Xb2003?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=130740039211&nma=true&rt=nc&si=OqjG2nMkEFBfAOPtHrYFfMV6kno%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
  13. fenwayfear

Difference in Xb2003 Transom's?

I have 1994 Xb2003(25 one ever made). When or did they change the transom. If the transom's did change in say 1997 then do a need a longer or shorter jackplate. Right now I am at 10" and confused on what I need to purchase. If they added 2" in 1997 then I would need 12" of setback instead of...
  14. fenwayfear

Need advice on spacer for Jackplate.

I have an Allison manual jackplate and need a spacer to provide additional setback. Currently I am at 10" of setback. Should I buy a new JP or a spacer to get me to the 14" of setback that seems to be the norm?
  15. fenwayfear

WTB 26p hydromotive quad IV

Would consider 27p
  16. fenwayfear

dual steering cables w/wheel.

I am not sure of the name brand. They are only a few months old, so they are like new. I had the guy I bought the boat from install them prior to the sale. I recently switched motor so I did a lot of upgrade and went to a SeaStar Pro hydro setup. $200.00 or B/O. Note: One of nuts looks...
  17. fenwayfear

New rigging to the Promax!

Very happy with the way it turned out!:at the bar
  18. fenwayfear

New Wheel and Shifter

The shifter took some thought but, I got it in with some help from "quikallison".
  19. fenwayfear

transducers causing torque steer?

I have two transducers that go to my graphs on the console that are mounted below the pad on the port side. I get a good amount of torque steer at speeds over 50 to the left. xb2003pst/225PM/SM w/ally cut allison 10" plate/trophy plus 27p
  20. fenwayfear

What determines prop slip?

Someone explain the cause and effect of prop slip and how to correct it.