Hose adapter for Sportmaster lower unit?

fenwayfear

What does everyone use to run their motors on the hose?

I have a ProMax with a sportmaster lower and was wanting to build or buy something that does not cost $50.

GotMyAlly

It's a $15k motor....I'm not going to risk burning it up to save a few bucks by taping a rubber glove to the lower unit, etc. I use the sportmaster flusher.....

suicidealli

I haven't had good luck with those flush cones.. I go to walmart and buy a rubermaid container. I have sporty one like in the pic. It don't work great for me. I will sell it
40 tyd.

Roy

fenwayfear

I haven't had good luck with those flush cones.. I go to walmart and buy a rubermaid container. I have sporty one like in the pic. It don't work great for me. I will sell it
40 tyd.

Roy
When you say it does not work that well for you, are you reffering to the use of the adapter on a sportmaster lower unit?

suicidealli

The flush cone doesn't work right most of the time... They work better on the cle case. They don't work on a 200 case with bobs lwp. At least mine doesn't.

Roy

boataddict

i use regular "rabbit ear" flusher . spread the arms farther apart and put the cup over the inlet hole and bungee strap it in place. works good. redneck? yep , but it works.

shaun

I use the "Noddle" type on my SportMaster. Works great, better than the cup.
I made a couple of these. Have a brand new one. Ill take $35 if you want it.
Brass fitting, quality tubbing.

Shaun

Attachments

fenwayfear

I use the "Noddle" type on my SportMaster. Works great, better than the cup.
I made a couple of these. Have a brand new one. Ill take $35 if you want it.
Brass fitting, quality tubbing.

Shaun
U just run the hoses into the intake holes on the bottom of the sportmaster?

shaun

Yep, The hoses are the right size to fit snug into the water inlet holes. You just push them in. Mine has never came out. Been using the same one for 4 years now.
I suppose if they were not tight you could run a bungy strap around them and the lower. Ive never had to do that though.

Shaun

h2oskiier30

You can make yourself a noodle flusher for less than $10 and a quick trip to the hardware store. Been using a homemade one I made about 4 years ago. Works perfectly. I agree with what's been said already...the sportmaster flush cup from Merc does not work well.

If I'm just gonna fire one off for a couple of minutes, I'll use the noodle I made. If I want to run it for a while, I have a 110 gallon horse trough that I fill so that I can completely immerse my l/u, and let the water pump do its thing.

Jimxb02

The merc flusher works for me on my stock sportmaster case ( blunted nose ) .

Will not work on Bob's cone or mod nose ( JC, Titus, etc ). Water pickup farther back on sportmaster case than mod 200 case. Bob sells flusher for his nose cone.

Just my experience !!!

Jim

fenwayfear

You can make yourself a noodle flusher for less than $10 and a quick trip to the hardware store. Been using a homemade one I made about 4 years ago. Works perfectly. I agree with what's been said already...the sportmaster flush cup from Merc does not work well.

If I'm just gonna fire one off for a couple of minutes, I'll use the noodle I made. If I want to run it for a while, I have a 110 gallon horse trough that I fill so that I can completely immerse my l/u, and let the water pump do its thing.
I just looking to start it for few minutes if I am looking for problem or just hear it roar(lol).

U have some sort of directions on to how to built one. I like a project big or small.

jas638

Banned
what about back flushing the motor? why run it on the hose?

Lotus 50

BRP really nailed this with the new Etecs. I winterized mine on the weekend. There is a fitting on the back of the engine for a garden hose to screw in. Nothing could be easier. How did no one think of this before or copy it? Sometimes genius is simplicity.

SLOmofo

If you run in a tank the water pump has to be under water other wise it will run dry until the water finely gets up to it. Has to purge the air first.
When I run mine I fill the tub and put the merc adapter on the hose turn on the hose, now have water pressure to the pump. Once the engine is fired up I pull the hose off the lower unit but keep it filling the tub.
I lost 5 lbs water pressure when doing a compression test twice on a dry pump. Water is the lube for a water pump impeller. Without water the impeller runs hot and bakes the rubber.