Best place to have prop worked

fenwayfear

Just purchased a 28p Hoss Triton I. It needs some TLC to bring back to like new condition. Only thing it needs is some edge work on the blades, they have some minor scuffs and nicks.

Where should I send and what should I have done to it?

Boat is an XB03/225PM/sporty.

patches

I'd definitely send it to Tim. I have heard before that they're the only ones that have the pitch blocks for them. Not sure whether that's true or not but that's where I'd send it

fenwayfear

Do these prop require a special cut for optimal handling on an Allison. It is already alot thinner than my stock trophy.

patches

No. The prop was designed around an Allison originally. Very fast and very good handling props on Allisons

Tim Bostic

.....I have heard before that they're the only ones that have the pitch blocks for them. Not sure whether that's true or not ....
Yep, It's true..... We build our own pitch blocks, fixtures, molds, etc.....

I've been far enough behind on production props & repair/mods that I just quit working on any of the new stuff...... I've developed some goals for this fall/winter to update some of the older molds & finish the fixture & molds on the new stuff we've already developed. (I still owe Roy, "the Prop Whore", one of the "new" designs that I was suppose to come out with a few yrs ago) .... He will get production prop #1 after I build 3 "shop" props for myself.

One of the big projects this winter I'll be working on is updating the Offshore design for the older Mercruiser BlackHawk drive ....... I guess word got out on the internet about the prop development we did with Mercruiser back in the day?..... Alot of people with the BH drives have been calling the shop and getting their names on the production list for next year.

As we come out with the new stuff, I'll update our website & make announcements on this site and a few others.

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
Just purchased a 28p Hoss Triton I. It needs some TLC to bring back to like new condition. Only thing it needs is some edge work on the blades, they have some minor scuffs and nicks.

Where should I send and what should I have done to it?

Boat is an XB03/225PM/sporty.
do not send that prop any where else to be fixed or tuned ,except to HOSS! Tim Bostic does excellent work!!!!

AMERICAN

Check out the new props coming out of Hoss Props,Tim is doing a excellent job,cant wait to get the other one.....

Last edited:

Tim Bostic

Man.... That is a sweet little prop!!!! hehe!!!

Looks like somebody got some finger prints on it???? Looks bad!!!! hehehe

Thanks for the kind words!

AMERICAN

Hey Tim
The prop is a piece of art work I dont even want to get it wet.... I love it ty ..Mike

fenwayfear

Looks like I am going to have to send mine to Mr. Bostic. That thing is right as rain.

Tim, I am going to run mine as is before I send it to you.

jas638

Banned
yeah guys ,i put my finger prints on it today!!!! hehe. it is sweet!!!!! truly amazing work!!!!!! i cant wait till i get mine!!!!!