Will this work on an Xb2003?

fenwayfear

What are some of the pro's and con's of it. Can u post a pic?

Here are my options:

Buy the 6" spacer from allison for sticker shock $300!

Get the Rapid Jack manual plate for $418 custom built for an Allison.

Add a Hydro plate to my existing 10" Allison plate $1000.

h2oskiier30

Get the Rapid Jack, then turn around and sell your 10" Allison plate to recoup some of your money.

SLOmofo

Call them and have it made for your Allison. I have had a few different brands over the years, but this is my only choice now.

They made me a convertible plate for my 03 . It's 7" and 8", plus I can adjust it for more negitave trim. Like anything adjustable always keep the bolts tight.

fenwayfear

Do I have to take the gas tank out to install it or is it just unbolt the old and bolt up the new one?

BigCountryx

Not from experience, but I talked to Bill about that while recently at the factory. He said that there is no need to move the tank, simple unbolt, recaulk and reinstall the plate. I'll find out soon.

SLOmofo

Do I have to take the gas tank out to install it or is it just unbolt the old and bolt up the new one?
It's unNUT and reNUT. Studs stick out from the transom. Use just a little water proof sealer around each stud. Remember any stainless to stainless threads need antisieze!

If you ever need to take the gas tank out every thing around the hole has to come off the boat. Then sometimes you need to compress the tank(because it bulges out). I used a web strap around the tank so I could get a good grip on it to pull it.
You get to use most of your @#$ & &#%@)) vocabulary! Then you will have to put it back in. :big grin

fenwayfear

started a new thread on the JP, but the unnut and renut process sounds good to me.

Thanks, for your help.