Search results

1. S

boarding ladder on xb2003

Any suggestions or pics for boarding ladders on an xb2003 ProSport? I suffered through last summer with the portable (hook over the side) version and just can't do that anymore. I was thinking about one of those telescoping kind that flip back onto the boat and lay flat, when not in use. I would...
  2. S

pyrometer hook up

Hey guys, I need some help hooking up a pyrometer. The pyrometer gauge is a Gaffrig (3") and the thermocouple is a Livorsi. The problem is, I can't tell from the Livorsi instructions which wire is (+) and which one is (-). The two wire colors are red and yellow. I would normally assume that the...
  3. S

Hey Yellowallison

What kind of big yellow fishin' boat is that in your signature? Looks good. Scott Mann
  4. S

Pyrometer

Anyone put a pyrometer gauge in their boat? Livorsi has some good looking gauges and now that I went to manual jackplate gauge, I have an extra opening in the dash. Has anyone mounted one of these rascals on a ProMax 225? Is it very involved where it mounts to the engine? Any mods necessary...
  5. S

Kevin

Hey Kevin, sent you a PM...Thanks
  6. S

Mechanical Jack plate indicator

Has anyone mounted a Stainless Marine jack plate indicator on a different jack plate other than their brand? I ordered their 7" indicator and have a couple of ideas on how to adapt it to my 6" Detwiler. But, before drilling, would like any input if anybody's been here before. Thanks, Scott Mann
  7. S

Stainless Marine

I need to buy a Stainless Marine jack plate height indicator. Does anybody know who sells the Stainless Marine stuff at the best price? Can you get it cheaper than directly from Stainless Marine? Thanks, Scott
  8. S

xb2003 speed with 225 ProMax

Here's the deal....xb2003 with light fishin' load, two batteries, MG trollin' motor, side steer (balanced pretty good), 26 ET, 20" Sportmaster, Detwiler hydraulic plate bolted to Ally setback plates (14.5" total) running about 1/2" below pad, 225 PM with Rapair VP3 profile (7000 rpm limit), 1/2...
  9. S

Pro Max Timing

Also posted in outboard section: Taking the rig to the mechanic on Friday...Seems like I've lost some power on the top end. I'm gonna' have him check the timing. He is pretty skittish about workin' on a ProMax. What is the timing setting for the '96 225 ProMax? Is it the same as a 200 efi...
  10. S

ProMax Timing

Taking the rig to the mechanic on Friday...Seems like I've lost some power on the top end. I'm gonna' have him check the timing. He is pretty skittish about workin' on a ProMax. What is the timing setting for the 225 ProMax? Is it the same as a 200 efi? Also, any other checks he should make that...
  11. S

Which Spark Plugs?

:roll: Hey guys, I just received my ECU back from Rapair. It is a "Mod VP3" curve on a '96 225 ProMax. I forgot to ask Sean what the recomended plugs would be...Anybody know? I assume the same plugs I would run with the A17 (stock ECU) and not the "high dollar" plugs you are supposed to run...
  12. S

ECU question (maybe for Jimmy7 or Jimmy b)

I gotta' 96 ProMax 20" that is stock other than tuner and relief holes similar to 280. Here's the question....It came stock with an A17 ECU, I had it remapped by Rapair to an A32. I feel like I've lost some on the top-end. I've got one more shot at re-mapping (free)...I'm looking for suggestions...
  13. S

Rapair ECU question

Looking for any input with regards to re-mapping the ECU on a stock Merc 225 PM. A while back I was experiencing some over-heating and in an attempt to remediate some of the problem opted to have Rapair remap my stock A-17 ECU to the newer, richer A-32 profile. Since then, I seem to have lost a...
  14. S

Hydraulic Steering Install

Hey guys, I know by now several of you have installed the Hydraulic steering on your Allies. I received my "hydraulic steering package" from Bill up at Allison a coupla' days ago. Finally got all of my cable steering removed (yes, I couldn't take it...and finally cut the dang cables)...wow...
  15. S

Lifeline

I just wanted to take a second to brag on the folks at Lifeline. I received a standard racing jacket for Christmas. Went to the lake several weeks later, did not like the jacket, was too restricting for my driving style. Called Lifeline, and even though a month and a half had elapsed, they...