Which Spark Plugs?

scott mann

:roll:
Hey guys,
I just received my ECU back from Rapair. It is a "Mod VP3" curve on a '96 225 ProMax. I forgot to ask Sean what the recomended plugs would be...Anybody know? I assume the same plugs I would run with the A17 (stock ECU) and not the "high dollar" plugs you are supposed to run with the newer A32 ECUs.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Mann

Stace

Me Too?

I got BU8H in my 97 but the Factory manual calls for the high dollar BUZHW's I have the A32 ecu, will the BU8H's hurt anything. It's what it had in it when I bought it used and now am confused. Don't mean to jump on your thread scott mann but it's a great ?. :D Stace

J

John Richied

On my 1996 225 ProMax I have been running the BUHW’s. I tired the BUZHW’s and there was no difference, so evidently I have no electronically interference with the ECU.

I also have the Rapair remapped ECU and I run 35 cc heads @ 147 lbs. of compression on 92 octane.

scott mann

plugs

I think I'll try the BUZHWs since they are already in there. I just don't want to screw anything up.
Thanks guys,
Scott Mann

bishopg

This is a late reply but BUE are nice to use same heat range as the BU8H but has a 1/4" longer reach, which depending on the cc of your heads will eat up a couple more of those things boosting compression a little and acceleration. Though if using a largely shaved head it woud be wise to check the clearance.

scott mann

plugs

Thanks Bishopg...I have stock heads (as far as I know). What is the full # of the plugs you are talkin' about?
Thanks again,
Scott