Pyrometer

scott mann

Anyone put a pyrometer gauge in their boat? Livorsi has some good looking gauges and now that I went to manual jackplate gauge, I have an extra opening in the dash. Has anyone mounted one of these rascals on a ProMax 225? Is it very involved where it mounts to the engine? Any mods necessary?
Thanks,
Scott :roll:

chad202

I just ordered a dual deal from Hydrodynamics. It's comes with the dual gauge, mercury probes and wires. 225.00. You remove the bottoms two bolts on the rear exhaust plate and the probes go in there. Installation should be simple.

wj225

Pyros..

I bought the ones from Exhaust Gas Technologies. I liked it because it fit in the hole for the water temp gauge and it was digital. I've attached a link to their site. I then ordered the rifle probes from Livoursi.

http://www.exhaustgas.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=547&DepartmentID=14&CategoryID=62&RepID=&MenuID=sub3&BasketID=

It was pretty easy to install. The only problem that I had was getting the probe in the exhaust path far enough to get a good reading. I acutally ruined one of the probes and had to replace it (I tried to bend it too far).

Bill

GFinch

Go digital, analog is way to slow!

RacePac Hot Tach III saved my engine.
At the lake warmed up engine, put it up on plane running about 2,500 rpm or so to warm it up further. Ran no more than 3/4 mile and the over temp LED was flashing. Shut the engine off checked which temp probe was indcated, water, threshold set at 130 degrees was reading 160. Started up, no water flow, shut off, trimed motor and a CheesIt's bag floated up to the surface.
The sun was at my back and low shining directly on the guage but the LED was bright enough to catch my eye.
It will also record and play back.
Gary
Exaust Gas Technoligies (sp) is where I bought it.

CDave

Scott I had one that Bob's sells in my old XB02, 3" gauge. They come with two incerts that screw in the two lowest bolt holes in the exhaust plate.

I'll sell mine for 100.00 shipped.

scott mann

egt

Sorry chad202, I think I sent you an email instead of CDave.

Hey CDave, can you send me a pic of what gauge you have?
I would be interested in your gauge.
Thanks,
Scott Mann
scootertrash@cox.net