boarding ladder on xb2003

scott mann

Any suggestions or pics for boarding ladders on an xb2003 ProSport? I suffered through last summer with the portable (hook over the side) version and just can't do that anymore. I was thinking about one of those telescoping kind that flip back onto the boat and lay flat, when not in use. I would cut a piece of 1/4" aluminum to fit the rear step area, bolt the ladder mounts to that and then bolt the plate to the step area. I figure if I drill the mounting holes where the strips of non-skid tape are later on the next owner could remove the plate and re-apply tape strips to cover the holes.
Any suggestions?
Thanks guys,
Scott

GotMyAlly

I saw one a year or two ago that mounted to the lower jackplate bolts. Just one step off the side of the transom. I believe it was an Allison factory part. That's what I would get if I was looking for an easier way to get in and out.

whipper

step

Do ya think there would half to be a port step to balance flow on hole shot or is it high enough to be clear from deflction of water stream off the hull. This thing looks great. they should make one that is a cav plate/ step with port & starboard steps one piece.Looks like it would aid in stoping wash too. James

ziemer

They are high enough on the jackplate that they don't really affect the boat when running. I had one on my GS for awhile. They work ok when it's shallow water but not so good if it's over your head.

Since switching to a different jackplate because of the 15" motor mine is laying on the garage floor. Kinda hard to drill some 3/8" holes in my new $600 jackplate. :cry:

msethsmile

Funny Guy
allison step

Yes, you have to redrill extra holes ro get it to work on a 15". We use the ski tri-pod as a handle and together with the step it is ok. You'd better be limber in deep water.