I'm alive(graphic pic)

Texan

Been outta town but been keeping up with all this.

Jim: Glad you're here to run another day. I'm praying forya, brutha. And more people on my side ofda world are too 'cause I gotcho on the prayer list at church. Tried to call today and gotcho answering mochine. Call me when you feel up to it.

Roy: Quit trying to apologize. As I've seen posted, we're all adults and we are all responsible for our own actions. A tunnel hull racing buddy told me when I got my rig that there are two kinds of folks that go fast in boats: them that's been wet, and those that are gonna get wet. Thanks God that you and Jim are here to run another day and to share the experience you both have had, that another might not have to.

Prayers to both, and thanks be to God that you are both on this side.

amosXB03

Glad you are going to be OK.....its unfortunate but it's things like these that make us sit back and think about life, family, and other things more important.....hard message to receive, but better than the alternative.

Allison21tom

Jim, take it easy and don't push yourself too soon. May God heal your body and emotions. Thanks for the info on your incident. Tom

SSTOM

Red glad you are ok. Take it easy for a while then you'll be ready to give it hell again. Tom

biller31

My dad would say... AHHH you're fine! Walk it off! Go put some super glue on it and get back to work.... LOL Glad you're okay...Now get your *** back to work! Luv ya man so be more careful next time!

Aqua Vicious

I've only met one or two of you Allison guys personally but from the forum you all are a helluv a bunch. Just being on the forum makes you feel like you belong to an elite bunch. RA, my constant prayers and wishes will be with you and your family. I know it don't help the current situation but I've never worn my vest or kill switch.....but I will from now on. It also puts the kabash on giving other's high speed rides. I'm sorry it happened to you, but anyone other than you may not have survived, especially when the krainium takes the blount of the punishment. I bet you've been called hard/stubborn headed on more than one occassion. That don't mean you need to go and prove it. You know it was only a couple of weeks ago we were discussing A-Boats in Heaven......I'm sure glad for you and your family HE wasn't ready for you to drive one of those just yet! It sounds like you've got more help than you know what to do with, but if you need anything from down south GA way, I would feel priviledged to help in any way I can! Takeur easy and listen to them docs to include your wife, and get well.........on your last few post I can't understand a dang thang you said! :LMAO:
James Morris

RedAllison

lol AV, dey sez I tawk funnee sumtymz. :big grin

Yeah NO DOUBT about it, if I hadn't have had my vest on my wife would've buried me Sunday or Monday instead of carting me around too the doctors. I gotta admit to, plenty of times in the past to runnin hard without a vest. Just wish I woulda had a helmet on with restraints as well. I'd still probably be sore as hell, but at least I wouldn't have had a concussion and be waitin on a Neurologist to clear me for normal, daily activities. :punch

I wouldn't have run like that if someone else was in the boat, was to rough to risk it. So having said that, if I wasn't still so stiff and sore I'd be kickin my own *** right now for thinking it was ok to run solo. :cuss

I reckon I'll never know what truly happened. I know it was to rough, but I had the boat up on top of the snotty stuff and was literally flying over it. She drove fine, let em have their heads and they'll generally roll right over whatevers in front of ya. I had made a pass about 2 miles without a problem, turned around and made about a 3 mile pass. The second mile of that three miler was by the beach where everyone could watch the hull to see what it looked like. Like I said, I simply can't remember for sure but I can't help but believe that if it was a simple matter of motor to high or pad cut or whatever, I just don't think the boat would've run 5 miles in the same conditions and then suddenly let go. The 2 mile run was up wind, 3 mile was down wind. Wind was probably 15-20mph (and gusting higher) straight down the lake from the south/southeast.

You'd be surprised how much rough stuff the XB03 will fly over if you have the balls to stringer out long enough to letter show you. But I kinda wonder if maybe it was the landing that got me? I just can't remember but it kinda makes sense. If I backed out of the throttle or even eased it back enough to let the keel get wet in water that rough at those kinda speeds, it woulda dug in and around she went.

I know I keep saying it, I just don't know, prolly don't matter because I can still only blame myself anyway. Regardless of WHAT the cause was, the simple fact of the matter was it was to rough to be running that fast anyway so that all comes back squarely on me. I'm a grown boy and accept full responsibility and I have the staples, stitches and bumps to show for it. :help

I STILL love the XB03s, I'll still continue to drive them, hell if my sons want one when they get older I'll buy them one (with a 150 on the tail of course, aint cuttin a teenager loose in a 90-100mph boat). EVERYTHING has it's limits, requirements and precautions. If you choose to ignore any of those then you better be prepared to accept the consequences.
RA

Wicky

I hope they're giving you some good pain killers Red!!!! I feel like I need to take a couple of those lil yellow ones myself after looking at your carnage mug shots. :)
Heal up quick...Summer is almost here.

RedAllison

Wick I actually been kinda lucky I reckon, aint needed em really. I gotta bottle fulla Lortab/hydrocodone (aint that what they call "Hillbilly heroin) and Aleve but aint had any of either in 2 days and only took em maybe 1ce a day before that. Doc said every 6 hrs if I was hurtin but he just a lil ol sissy carpet flyer, what he know? I KNOWED I had a hard head but it aint hurt the first time! :embarassed :laughing

Now my neck, arms and shoulder blades have been ANOTHER item all together. :gasp They've hurt so bad at times I couldn't breath. But I've discovered when I feel a shootin pain or spasm comin on if I grab it and squeeze on that area pretty firm it keeps from spreading and dies down. I get up and move around every 15-30 minutes to keep from gettin stiff. The worst times is gettin up in the mornings. Feel like I'm 400#s and stiff as a board then.

I just HATE pills, always have. If I was profusely bleedin or dyin I reckon I'd take em.
RA

Aqua Vicious

Understood everything you said on the first line.......the rest was hard to decipher.
I understood the kicking my own***part also. Don't beat yourself up over it.....afterall that's the main reason most of us own A-Boats, and we know it, we just don't expect it to happen to us. I think your last statement sums it up for the lot of us. Nurse them wounds and don't rush getting back to the ol routine. Take time to make sure nothing else is injured. Don't need to be rehabing something that may be broke or cracked, ripped or torn. Don't hesitate if you need anything from down south. I can probably line up some southern HillBilly juice of a different sort if you think it'll help.

lol AV, dey sez I tawk funnee sumtymz. :big grin

Yeah NO DOUBT about it, if I hadn't have had my vest on my wife would've buried me Sunday or Monday instead of carting me around too the doctors. I gotta admit to, plenty of times in the past to runnin hard without a vest. Just wish I woulda had a helmet on with restraints as well. I'd still probably be sore as hell, but at least I wouldn't have had a concussion and be waitin on a Neurologist to clear me for normal, daily activities. :punch

I wouldn't have run like that if someone else was in the boat, was to rough to risk it. So having said that, if I wasn't still so stiff and sore I'd be kickin my own *** right now for thinking it was ok to run solo. :cuss

I reckon I'll never know what truly happened. I know it was to rough, but I had the boat up on top of the snotty stuff and was literally flying over it. She drove fine, let em have their heads and they'll generally roll right over whatevers in front of ya. I had made a pass about 2 miles without a problem, turned around and made about a 3 mile pass. The second mile of that three miler was by the beach where everyone could watch the hull to see what it looked like. Like I said, I simply can't remember for sure but I can't help but believe that if it was a simple matter of motor to high or pad cut or whatever, I just don't think the boat would've run 5 miles in the same conditions and then suddenly let go. The 2 mile run was up wind, 3 mile was down wind. Wind was probably 15-20mph (and gusting higher) straight down the lake from the south/southeast.

You'd be surprised how much rough stuff the XB03 will fly over if you have the balls to stringer out long enough to letter show you. But I kinda wonder if maybe it was the landing that got me? I just can't remember but it kinda makes sense. If I backed out of the throttle or even eased it back enough to let the keel get wet in water that rough at those kinda speeds, it woulda dug in and around she went.

I know I keep saying it, I just don't know, prolly don't matter because I can still only blame myself anyway. Regardless of WHAT the cause was, the simple fact of the matter was it was to rough to be running that fast anyway so that all comes back squarely on me. I'm a grown boy and accept full responsibility and I have the staples, stitches and bumps to show for it. :help

I STILL love the XB03s, I'll still continue to drive them, hell if my sons want one when they get older I'll buy them one (with a 150 on the tail of course, aint cuttin a teenager loose in a 90-100mph boat). EVERYTHING has it's limits, requirements and precautions. If you choose to ignore any of those then you better be prepared to accept the consequences.
RA

DACHEEK

Glad you are OK Jim.
A lot of us take for granted how fast things can happen.
Just glad there were a lot of good folks with lots of sense and quick thinkin skills there to come to your aid.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

David Shook

Red,
Man hate to hear of your accident, sounds like all things considered you came out in fairly good shape, wish you a speedy recovery.
Shook

RedAllison

Just got back from the Neurologist. They removed my staples and stitches and said it's "All systems go"!!! :at the bar Tomorrow I begin some Physical Therapy in Memphis but that's just minor stuff I think, just to make sure I maintain full mobility and range of motion. The only real pain I still have is a pinched nerve in my back between my shoulder blades. It's good today but somedays (like yesterday) it gives me fits and makes my neck, shoulders and back awfully painful and restrictive to full range movement. Hopefully they can pinpoint that tomorrow at the PT office.

THANKS for all the well wishes, calls, PMs, posts, cards and most importantly... PRAYERS!!! I have quite a bit more care and "cherishment" (is that a word?) for my life, family and friends after this close call. My wife and I are so thankful for everyone's kind thoughts and words.

She's asked me to keep the "speed needle" a lil more down the scale than before. After seeing the tears and worry on her and my families faces I'm prone to oblige them. At the end of the day NONE of us are in this alone. I'm just thankful to be in THAT position to begin with.

The good Lord IS alive and listening,
RA

av

Probationary User
thank god your ok Red! that was scary..

vcrash

im feeling for you, ive put my family through that and worse twice and know what your going through, good luck on your recovery! if you ever want to talk about how you will likely feel in the future about going fast call me any time.
vc

RedAllison

im feeling for you, ive put my family through that and worse twice and know what your going through, good luck on your recovery! if you ever want to talk about how you will likely feel in the future about going fast call me any time.
vc

preciate the well wishes!

I'd go this weekend and plop down in one and runner too the moon again if I could. I've been in A-boats for over a decade now and this is the first time I've been hurt and it was because I did something stupid. (To fast for conditions) I still love the boats and will continue owning them. For now anyway my wife has asked me not to jump in anyone elses and firewall it. I had plans of an XR01/280 or a Drag but I know that right now she would be panicked and holding her breath everytime I hooked that boat up and pulled it out of the garage. So for those reasons alone I'm willing to hold off, I don't want to worry her and that includes running others boats. My XB21 is just a big ol Cadillac fisher so she doesn't fear it.

Who knows, if at anypoint she "gets over it" and gives me her blessin then I will continue forward with the XR01 plans. I do however know regardless of what I'm in, if it runs over 95 and I'm gonna ever drive it again I'll have on FULL safety gear like helmet restraints, long pants, shoes, neck brace, Lifeline etc... A broken arm or leg is much easier to deal with than a broken head or neck! :cuss

I can't wait to get back inda big red barge and go feeshin in a couple weeks, :gone fishing
RA

catfish123

Jim, I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better.....hang in there and you will soon be back to normal.