I'm alive(graphic pic)

catfish123

Get well soon Jim...........very sorry to hear about all this. Praying for you!

lightening rod

Good to hear Jim. Theres a lot of truth in what you said and i am sure this one will go down as a lesson learned the hard way. Those are the ones that are not soon forgotten. makes you want to give the wife and kids an extra hug at night.

Great Job on the safety equipment.

Get well soon and give us a call if you need anything.
Chris, Angie, Cora and Sutter

Blue Gray in PA

Glad to see you're still with us man. So many times we take things for granted and something like this reminds us of how fragile life is. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

bautenrieth

Glad you are on your way to mending Jim. Join the crowd of us who no longer have to desire to cheat death each time we go out on the water. Anything I can do for you or your family just call 910-578-3434.........Bernie

RedAllison

THANKS GUYS, all of this has truly shown me how good ALL the folks on the net are. My phones been ringin off the wall, my email and PM boxes are full and I'm just thankful for being able to still see my wife and kids today. Today is the day when the muscle damage starts showing up. I think I have a torn right bicep, it's doin some MAJOR hurting at times. Took a shower this morning and it felt like heaven UNTIL I moved my left arm just right while drying off and suddenly it felt like lightening bolts were running through the top and middle of my left shoulder blade and neck. DAMN I'm hurtin. I think I'm going to head to Memphis in the morning to be checked out fully by a Sports Orthopedic Surgeon buddy who might can let me know what's goin on inside. My legs feel ok, just a gash on my right knee and some tenderness in my right thigh/hip. Ribs and chest feel fine but I got some problems in my arms, shoulders and neck. I also still have no feeling on the leftside of my head. Can't really feel the staples, stitches or my jaw. Still swollen quite abit on that side of my head, luckily my glasses have spring hinges, I'm a mess.

I was NOT alone in Roy's boat either, I obviously had a passenger he just couldn't be seen by any of us!!! And YES, I owe ALOT to my bro Andy (Pickwickangler) Parker. He's as good as they get and he went above and beyond this time. I'm PROUD to call him a good bud and he knows I'm here for him ANYTIME he needs something. THANKS AGAIN ANDY!!!

THANK YOU again folks for all the calls, messages and most importanly PRAYERS. ALL of you mean ALOT to Michelle and I.
RA

patches

man RED. it's sounding worse every time you get on the board. take it easy and hope you get better soon. keep the post coming. this is a scary deal and a reminder to everybody to take every precaution possible. in the world of fast boats you can't prevent accidents totally but you take the right safety measures to insure you come out alive. time to start getting serious about a helmet. ran mine up to 101 this morning and believe me, your mishap was on my mind

GotMyAlly

Man I was thinkin' about you yesterday when I was down at Clifton. It was too windy to run the boat most of the day. In the evenin' when the wind laid down, I wanted to go stretch mine out. Then I started thinkin' about the fact that I have never ran that prop with the trolling motor on before. And I didn't have a wrench to drop the j/p just another fraction of an inch to make sure I had bite to carry that extra weight on the bow. And I had just polished off a 6-pack. Then the description of your gashes as Andy had reported to me the night before popped in my head. So I decided to pass on that last pass....

allisonriverrat

good call neal. get well soon red, glad u are ok. and glad the man upstairs was with u , and andy , way to be there.thats shows what the allison family is all about, concern for each others safty and well being. with these type of toys its great to have people to watch ur back.

jimbob88

vest and kill switch. don't care if you're doing 20 or triple digits! hopefully those that choose not to wear them will think twice now. this next week will be a tough one. aches and pains will spring up in different spots. thoughts are with ya. should have plenty of time for 'friendly' banter on the site!!!! speedy recovery, jim

strip

It hurts me deeply to see a good friend down. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery. I think we have had enough hurt boaters for the year.

Fishforcash

Ouch! Glad your OK but your going to feel that one for awhile.

I know the feeling and I'm out of the go fast game. I'm just puttin' around from crappie hole to crappie hole from now on.

ally2dextreme

glad its no worse,even tho bad e nuff....buy a helmet and wear it !!! we dont want to see any of our guys in this situation

allisonjr

Wishing u a speedy recovery, and your right it could happen to anyone of us. Its all so unpredictable, as was the case when i busted up my 2002.

RedAllison

glad its no worse,even tho bad e nuff....buy a helmet and wear it !!! we dont want to see any of our guys in this situation
Thomas the pisser is I had my full face helmet in the backseat of the truck at the ramp. I'm not sure what to think, guess no one really knows. It's easy to assume I would've had none of the head/ear injuries but I wonder if with a lick like this across the side of the helmet would it have broken my neck? Tough call.

I'm sure were I to run over 95 again I would insist on a helmet with proper restraints for it. But I think those days are over, I just can't put my wife and family through this again. They would be worried sick just at the prospect of me out running, just not worth it.

If I were to ever run again, personally I would invest in a full kevlar suit, boots, gloves, head/neck restraint, helmet with proper restraints and a Lifeline jacket. If I would've had that on I'm sure I would be laughing about it all today while still at the lake. But the damage is done, the family is hurt/scared and I have to take into consideration more than my own wishes and hopes.

Just gonna hafta enjoy the ol red barge and the deckboat, watchin my kids grow up and being there for my wife!!! :at the bar
RA