I'm alive(graphic pic)

280ALLY

We weren't sure what was going on at first Jim. We saw you make that first pass by the waterfall & it was hooked up pretty good. Then people started coming back & Andy got your boat & told us they were loading you up in the car. He told us you were concious & seemed alright, but had a good size gash on your head. That gave everyone a good scare. When Andy came back & said you were OK, they were going to keep you overnight as a precaution, we were all relieved. Glad to hear that you're moving around,back home with the family, & you'll be back on the TN river before too long

280ALLY

Structurally, Roy's boat is OK. There are a few gauges broke,the passenger seat,splash gaurd screws missing.

I don't think they found any hull or top cap damage. I don't think they will ever figure out what Jim hit his head on to cause to cut. All the blood was found on the cowl.

GotMyAlly

Jim what do you think caused this?
If I'm not mistaken, Roy just got tossed out a month or so ago.

If I was the owner of this boat, I would take a long hard look at the setup. Two close calls in such a short period of time might indicate a change is needed.

Texas Dear

Glad to hear you're doing good. Things can happen quickly. We'll see you soon at the Allison Rally. I took your advise and will be leaving our boat at the Allison factory when we come to the rally. Get well soon. Remember our families are important to us so enjoy and cherish every minute with them and be careful.

See Ya Soon
Edward & Monez Dear

J

John Richied

If I'm not mistaken, Roy just got tossed out a month or so ago.

If I was the owner of this boat, I would take a long hard look at the setup. Two close calls in such a short period of time might indicate a change is needed.
That is a strong possibility and supports the idea of NOT jumping behind the wheel of someone else

baitcaster

I finally had a chance to log on and read the thread. I am so glad you are OK (for the most part). I have been worrying and praying for you since this happened. I wish there was something I could do to change everything. I did personally appreciate your last few posts, but what is most important is that you get well - period. Every one can speculate about all of this all they want, but none of that matters at this point, just take care of yourself!

If you need anything or I can help in any way - just call!

K.Kiser

Right on Jaybluez -lol... My boat never hooks no matter engine height or set-up, because it never leaves My house... BS aside, glad everyone will live to tell the tale...

BigRedAlli

John how many boats other than your XB02 have you strung out?

Dang Red.... You done forgot about the High Performance Stratos? You did wack your head prety hard !!! :big grin

Jonh is right about one thing, their's deffinately a higher risk of something going wrong in an unfamilure boat.

Last edited:
J

John Richied

Okay, so the idea of making this thread a sticky is to let everyone know Jim crashed Roy

Hydropromax

Damn Jim, haven't been on in a while and i get on to find a pic of your head laced up like a football. I told everbody the Allisons are the most dangerous boats a man can buy. I am scared of mine, afer blowing out twice i learned what the boat likes and dislikes. Get well soon Jim.

GotMyAlly

Damn Jim, haven't been on in a while and i get on to find a pic of your head laced up like a football. I told everbody the Allisons are the most dangerous boats a man can buy. I am scared of mine, afer blowing out twice i learned what the boat likes and dislikes. Get well soon Jim.
I don't think Allisons are especially dangerous....not any moreso than any other boat. Any boat that runs this kind of speeds can be dangerous. Bad setup or adverse water conditions will only make it worse. But I think any boat thata runs 80+ is going to have some risk factor, whether it is a tunnel blowing over backwards or a pad-V hull spinning around.

22R

Roy, I can and have imagine how you feel about all this. IMO the bottom line is that high speed boating is risky and we as adults are responsible for ourselves. I think I would feel bad too, but this is not your fault, It is just the results of what can happen if any one piece of high speed boating goes wrong. Be careful next time out and take your time getting back up to speed. Jim, I hope you are feeling better today and continue to improve.

Later, 22R

RobShaw-BasSport

On a positive note, you could have chosen to keep this incident to yourself without any public knowledge other than the fine folks that were there. By making this accident public, youve caused many of us (including myself) to take a hard look at our equipment, set-ups, and most importantly...ourselves!

It's a huge wake up call when someone with your experience level suffers an accident such as this. The Shaw family wishes you a speedy recovery Jim.