I'm alive(graphic pic)

patches

the good thing about the xr2001 is its highly unlikely your gonna get pitched out in a hook. being as confined as it is you probably wouldn't even get banged up much. i'm sure it would still scare the bejesus out of you though. i would definitely be a little more comfortable in an xr2001 above 100 than i am in my xr2002. it would be pretty hard to stay in mine in a hard hook.

the main thing red is to get you back in the saddle and make sure your not a little gun shy:big grin

RedAllison

lol, man I'd go TOMORROW if I hadn't have promised my wife I wouldn't. BUT one thing you can bet your *** on, if I ever drive one over 95 again I will have ALOT more on than a jacket, shorts and sunglasses!!! :help

:beer:
RA

Jr in Jax

Jim,
I just saw the picture, I hope that you heal up OK. Do you have any idea what caused the "OOPS"?

RedAllison

Jim,
I just saw the picture, I hope that you heal up OK. Do you have any idea what caused the "OOPS"?
Jr, prolly won't ever be able to say 100% for sure and since I had the concussion I don't really remember enough to say but the only thing that really makes sense is I just did the STUPID thing of chopping the throttle. She was up on top of white caps and she just belly flopped, the bow dug in and round she went!!! :cuss

I just don't know what else it coulda been. I made a run two different directions at mostly 7k-7100 (28" wheel) both into and down wind and she didn't bobble. Roy's boat has a shaved lip (he's been working with Chad St. Piere) and the motor was above pad but like I said she ran fine for 5 miles. If it were a simple case of pad or gearcase height I just don't think I would've made those 5 miles in white caps without a hitch.

Only thing I DO know is DAMN IT HAPPENED QUICK!!! :gasp Always wondered what I'd do in a wreck either on my Harley or in a boat, would I do this, do that, tuck up, "dishrag", move this way or that??? Sheeeeeeeeut, it was like... WHAM & SPLASH!!! :help

Just happy to be alive to tell about it, :relax:
RA

Jr in Jax

Jr, prolly won't ever be able to say 100% for sure and since I had the concussion I don't really remember enough to say but the only thing that really makes sense is I just did the STUPID thing of chopping the throttle. She was up on top of white caps and she just belly flopped, the bow dug in and round she went!!! :cuss

I just don't know what else it coulda been. I made a run two different directions at mostly 7k-7100 (28" wheel) both into and down wind and she didn't bobble. Roy's boat has a shaved lip (he's been working with Chad St. Piere) and the motor was above pad but like I said she ran fine for 5 miles. If it were a simple case of pad or gearcase height I just don't think I would've made those 5 miles in white caps without a hitch.

Only thing I DO know is DAMN IT HAPPENED QUICK!!! :gasp Always wondered what I'd do in a wreck either on my Harley or in a boat, would I do this, do that, tuck up, "dishrag", move this way or that??? Sheeeeeeeeut, it was like... WHAM & SPLASH!!! :help

Just happy to be alive to tell about it, :relax:
RA
I have crashed everything except an aircraft [but I've tried] and seldom is there more than a flicker of realization before the pain starts. You need to be careful since all of the past injuries are now taking their toll on me as I get older.
Get well and go back to enjoying your toys [safely].