Aces IV

whipper

Whipper, you just ain't right! :laughing

I couldn't resist.:big grin

On the aces AGAIN who nows just try it or not? Up to the individual. Anyone have a failier using aces that was a direct result of using the product? I know Skydog may have or may not have and thats the only one Ive ever heard of. His motor fried in about 10min after a fresh rebuild.
He had aces in and it was a high comp motor 185+ or so. Could have been allot of things but he did have aces in. On the other hand lots of high comp motors doing just fine. You take a chance every time you put fuel in your tank these days. Its nice to have a product that so many pros are using with success that the average guy can try also.

I think if your a skeptic its always best to really do your home work when trying new things. That way your not disappointed. I was always told all the crap out there just stay away from it. I really was a skeptic also on this stuff. But no harm done running it for two years. So chances are its at least not doing anything bad to my motor. i dont really notice any performance gain but I dont have any losses either. Ive tested the stabilizer claim and lived. :big grin What its doing inside as far as lubrication Jay tested with good results. Gee Penzoil or Merc Pluss? I hear that Penzoil is just crap and to stay away from any other oil, other than Merc Pluss as thats what has been tested on Merc motors. Anyone know if penzoil is any good? Also whats the chemical change if I use Merc Pluss oil in my fuel with Aces over Penzoil? I hear KlotZ smells like big Macs out the exhaust? Now I'm hungry! :argue

catfish123

Yep Whipper.........I run Pennzoil even though it's crap........but I wouldn't use Amsoil in a weed wacker unless of course Aces was added to it. :blah blah blah

whipper

Yep Whipper.........I run Pennzoil even though it's crap........but I wouldn't use Amsoil in a weed wacker unless of course Aces was added to it. :blah blah blah

Ya me to. Well just Merc pluss I cant get Penzoil or I would try it. Lots of guys have had great sucsess with it it seems.:beating dead horse

Last edited:

SLOmofo

You know everyone I told I was looking to get an Allison told me not too. All sorts of reasons. I do as I want and bought one against all the advice. Glad I didn't listen!
As for the Aces. I've used it as insurance for years. I did destroy the original Sack O Cats, it had run Aces through it many times before can't remember if that day I did or didn't use it for sure. Aces couldn't stop what caused the demise of the Sack O Cats anyway.
I did leave some at Dave's House for him to test, trouble there is in his drag engines nothing other than Spec fuel and Spec oil goes into them. He did did tell me he did do some testing with Aces and was impressed with it.
I'm going to see if he will do a dyno test on the latest Sack O Cats II when he gets done tinkering with it. He is really happy now with the dyno and can now run an engine WOT for as long as he wants without concern of cooling for dyno or the engine.
He's tired of running/dynoing the low power slacker welfare motors and wants to run something that makes real HP and TORQUE :very happy

SLOmofo

Shooting for 400 this time. I know there is a n E-Tec front half, and a slide intake he designed and had made. Trying to get away from all the linkage and variations caused by it. 6 injectors instead of 12. Should tune alot easier and cleaner. The last time I ran it there were some pretty high pyro #s.
#1 1662 #2 1411 #3 1492 #4 1357 #5 1492 #6 1487. It was still pretty rich. :laughing
[/IMG]

aaronmt

Well catfish...I run Amsoil and wouldn't run Penzoil cuz it's Crap.:beer:

Bob
:idiot
:wink
I run penz and have ran it in all my motors.Living on the sound we can run all day WFO and never had a issue.However I know guys get brand loyal.Hell there are still guys buying powerstrokes after the 6.0 being one of the worst motors ever built.

aaronmt

And don't forget that GM Boat Anchor....the Duramaz,:confused[/QUOTE

Ive owned 3 cummins,we just bought the 3rd about 9mos ago.If it werent for the cummins motor there no way id buy the dodge.My friends have duramax and I assure you there no boat anchors.Years ranging from 02,06,08,09.I just stuck with the cummins becouse they've done me well.I will say the duramax is a very nice motor 2006 lbz is arguably the best to modify.You simply cant put the powerstroke in the same conversation as the cummins and duramax,that is unless its a 7.3 that was a very good motor.

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

And don't forget that GM Boat Anchor....the Duramaz,:confused[/QUOTE

Ive owned 3 cummins,we just bought the 3rd about 9mos ago.If it werent for the cummins motor there no way id buy the dodge.My friends have duramax and I assure you there no boat anchors.Years ranging from 02,06,08,09.I just stuck with the cummins becouse they've done me well.I will say the duramax is a very nice motor 2006 lbz is arguably the best to modify.You simply cant put the powerstroke in the same conversation as the cummins and duramax,that is unless its a 7.3 that was a very good motor.

Guess I wuz rong then, I was tink'n of the Duramaz, sorry.

After 20yrs with GM I know all about how much better the Max was over their previous offerings.:wink

Bob

whipper

Gee Penzoil or Merc Pluss? I hear that Penzoil is just crap and to stay away from any other oil, other than Merc Pluss as thats what has been tested on Merc motors. Anyone know if penzoil is any good? Also whats the chemical change if I use Merc Pluss oil in my fuel with Aces over Penzoil? I hear KlotZ smells like big Macs out the exhaust? Now I'm hungry! :argue
I hope ya know I was being fastidiously sarcastic. If I had penz in PG I would use it because its very close to the same as Merc Pluss but way cheaper. Im sure theres differences with oil and aces also but who really cares. All as that will do for some is open up another topic to argue about.

It reminds me of some of the guys at work. We work a 12hr swing shift 5-5. Two nights two off two days two off year round. Most unhealthy shift on the planet. Lots of the new guys want 4on 4 off. Two days then 2 nights 4 off in a row instead of just two always. The older guys say no way there set in there ways. The proof is there that we would get more time off and make more money. Yet the older guys wont change nothing because there set in there ways no matter if it will make them live longer?

Every one has there reasons for wanting to use and do what they want. As Gary said hes glad he didn't listen to some about buying an Allison. I'm glad I didn't buy a river race boat as I had a deposit on one when my GS came up for sale and backed out to buy this. $500+ in fuel a day compared to $40-60 a day with the GS and the same speeds and size as the Jetboat.:gasp

Bobl likes race gas splash to get his motor runnen. Thats awesome and what a lot of guys do for sure. Its to expensive to try stuff and have it fail!! So what ever works and your comfortable with is always the best rout to take. If aces was for everyone they would be a fortune 500 company like Microsoft. I'm sure if the guys at aces put it in writing to you to try this stuff and if you have failure they would replace your motor that would take alot of guess work out of it for sure. But unless your the test mule that ain't going to happen. Well Jays test with his buddy was close to that. The guy with the race motor was actually trying to blow up his motor using it! He had the bucks and many spare motors so didn't care. Just wanted to test it right compared to race gas and Aces. That was good, aces was better. But maybe not for the next guy to do the same thing? One thing I sure wouldn't want {like it would ever happen} is have someone try it and blame some one else when there motor failed. Its a buyer beware as in everything. Who knows if there rings are getting ready to pop before hand or not? Be safe and happy boating.

catfish123

Can ya buy Aces in a 55 gallon drum.................:very happy

Jr in Jax

I have sent the aces guys a couple of emails in the past and never heard back from them, I just chalked-it-up to being some sort of part-time operation.

TBuck2003

I have sent the aces guys a couple of emails in the past and never heard back from them, I just chalked-it-up to being some sort of part-time operation.
Jr,
Call me. You will have better luck picking up sticks with your Butt Cheeks, than getting a hold of him. I have a hard time BUYING stuff from him and he is 5 min. down the road...

TBuck