Aces IV

catfish123

I believe the bottom line on most of these additives, different oil brands, etc, etc, etc, is that for the average person, and that's the category most of us fall into, we can either choose to believe what we are told by others, and that includes the people who sell the products or we can choose not to. Virtually none of us really know for sure whether or not all the claims that are made are real or not. If we are successful and we use certain products, we tend to endorse them, and we believe our success was caused by their use. This may or not be true, again, the average person will never really know. I, like anyone else, can choose to repeat all that I have been told or read about certain products, but, that's all it really is. It's like being a parrot on a perch. FIRST HAND, real world knowledge is where it's at and most of us will never have the opportunity to experience that. I have nothing against additives like Aces, Seafoam, Quickcleen, or any of the 2 cycle oils that are available for that matter, because they all get rave reviews from some and are bashed by others. Isn't it interesting that many engines have lived successfully over time while utilizing a great variety of products? What's that tell you?

Last edited:

hemi2005

Aces is:
A fuel stabilizer
Adds to the octane
Lubricant

Doesn't it also either clean the injectors or aid in keeping them clean?

whipper

I believe the bottom line on most of these additives, different oil brands, etc, etc, etc, is that for the average person, and that's the category most of us fall into, we can either choose to believe what we are told by others, and that includes the people who sell the products or we can choose not to. Virtually none of us really know for sure whether or not all the claims that are made are real or not. If we are successful and we use certain products, we tend to endorse them, and we believe our success was caused by their use. This may or not be true, again, the average person will never really know. I, like anyone else, can choose to repeat all that I have been told or read about certain products, but, that's all it really is. It's like being a parrot on a perch. FIRST HAND, real world knowledge is where it's at and most of us will never have the opportunity to experience that. I have nothing against additives like Aces, Seafoam, Quickcleen, or any of the 2 cycle oils that are available for that matter, because they all get rave reviews from some and are bashed by others. Isn't it interesting that many engines have lived successfully over time while utilizing a great variety of products? What's that tell you?
Well said. Couldnt agree more. Theres more than one way to skin a cat .

whipper

Aces is:
A fuel stabilizer
Adds to the octane
Lubricant

Doesn't it also either clean the injectors or aid in keeping them clean?
Thats a real big bennifit. Ive been told by someone who cleans injectors as part of there buisness that if everyone used aces he would loose buisness. He uses it also. That was fairly shocking when I was investigating this stuff a few years ago that he would tell me this. But good to know just the same. :beer:

I dont care if anyone uses it or not. I dont even have any right now but Im going to get some again before the ice melts. Ive gone threw a jug and no issues and my motor is run hard over 7000rpm all the time with close to 1000 hrs run time with side pinned pistons. I thought my motor would be done the last two years. I dont want to jinks it but theres got to be something that is helping make my motor still have comprestion. I ran it with old gas with aces more than onces etc... Things your just told not to do with out it? I have to belive theres a level of protection with it? Thats all. These are just my veiws. I was a little blown away when Jay and his buddy tested it on pump gas on a race motor that wouldnt live otherwise garanteed for such an extended run at super high rpm. The spec on the motor called for race fuel only. It lived on pump gas and shouldnt have. Theres all these accounts that is what made me try it in the first place. As Catfish said its all only other peoples personal experiances one has to go on weather you try somthing and have the same results or not? It would be pretty lousy to take someones word for something just to have an oposite experiance. So with that I just have what Ive read and tryed to go on. It may seem like Im pushing this stuff. That I am not. But I have experianced it and tryed things I wouldnt have without it. Pluss heard others experiances on the sites and over the phone. Some who I trust.

So when I hear someone disclaim something I have tryed and they have not I will say what I have found. That is all. Sway one way or not isnt somthing I said or will say. Its all up to the indavidual weather or not they want to try something, but they will never decide without info.

Last edited:

hemi2005

Well, I just ordered my first Aces product this week and hope to have something to report on it within the next few weeks. It's gotten rave reviews by several people on this site and S&F. Some of these people I have gotten to know and have great respect for as well as their opinions. Their opinions are based on their own personal experiences with the product. It may be a little more costly per tank of fuel in the long run, but if it does what they say it does, then it's worth a try for me. I'll let you know what differences I experience.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
So if your fule is been sitting for a long tyme, and its started to brake down, dose it help restore it to a better place that it was befour, or once fule has started to brake down, theirs no bringing it back? Just a random question. It does sound like its pretty good stuph, but I think for a reguler low compreshion motor like mine that usually gets run pretty often and the fuel doesnt sit for long periods of time that it may not benefit me much? I dump a can of seafome in their every now and then, dunno if it helps much, but makes me feel better, haha!

hemi2005

I've heard great things about Sefoam in outboardsl. I use it in dirtbikes, ATV's, lawnmowers, etc....That's a good question about restoring old fuel. I would think that if the breakdown has already been occuring, it might be too late....That's just my opinion.

whipper

So if your fule is been sitting for a long tyme, and its started to brake down, dose it help restore it to a better place that it was befour, or once fule has started to brake down, theirs no bringing it back? Just a random question. It does sound like its pretty good stuph, but I think for a reguler low compreshion motor like mine that usually gets run pretty often and the fuel doesnt sit for long periods of time that it may not benefit me much? I dump a can of seafome in their every now and then, dunno if it helps much, but makes me feel better, haha!
Answer I was told was no. As far as I know maybe Todd or someone who knows way more about it can say but... Im pretty sure it keeps what ya got longer perhaps,but if its done its done. So say your fuel has broken down over a year or so. Then you add aces. I think it would just keep what ya got from further deteriation for probably a shorter life than the 5 years they tested it at because the chemical structure would have changed from what the fuel was designed for in the first place. Im not sure the reaction that takes place during break down unprotected but Im sure the guys at Aces could esaly answer that one. Its not a restoring agent as far as I understand anyway? The do claim military tested it up to 5 years stagnet with success in Irac. Thats who originaly wanted the product and how they got the contract for the military. I guess they have all sorts of differant motors and some dont get used very often. So if poop hits the fan they needed to know that there motors wouldnt conk out in the heat of battle after sitting for who knows how long. I guess this has been an issue in the past with fuel going south sitting for extended periods verndering the transport inabled and some times at the wrong time.:banghead I think theres a blurb on there web site about this also. But thats what the guy I talked to there also stated as I fired Q at him before buying.

aaronmt

If you just want to use it to run 89 instead of 93, doing the math say $270/gal of aces. 1 oz treats 6 gallons, so 128oz treats 768 gallons, and that comes out to spending about 35 cents per gallon treated. The average price between 89 and 93 is ~12-14 cents a gallon. Even if you wanted to use it to run 87 octane instead of 93, it just about breaks even. That's just the cost analysis for using it to purely bump octane.

Now, I don't know about all the other benefits to running it, but if you want to do it ONLY to save money at the pump, it's not cost effective.
Just git yerself a flat bored n sum 40d grt paper n go at it till d compresuns gud.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just git yerself a flat bored n sum 40d grt paper n go at it till d compresuns gud.
Problem with useing boreds is that it's hard to find a strate one. Last time I was at the Home Depot or Lowes, whichever, had to look throo 30 2x4s to find 5 strate ones.

suicidealli

I like aces as I have said before. It isn't race gas in my opinion. Don't know about cleaning injectors either. Mine seem to be about the same with or without. I will say for sure my digital EGT'S read a lower temp when I run it. Also without a splash of race fuel, or aces I would melt a piston pretty quick.
I run over 160 lbs on 93 oct, and aces.
As most know running the correct oct for your compression, and set up is key to peak performance. To much oct will slow your boat down, as not enough can burn pistons...

Roy

Last edited:

whipper

Problem with useing boreds is that it's hard to find a strate one. Last time I was at the Home Depot or Lowes, whichever, had to look throo 30 2x4s to find 5 strate ones.
Some have the same problem finding hookers ive heard in Mexico. Wrong parts right face. By the 4th or 5th one ya find a stright one. :banghead

Blob-head

Aces Reply 2

So I read the Aces website, most of their talk is how the (fix) diesel
engines. One members says it raises his octane from 93-102 #'s,
another says 8-9 points. Which is it, 9 numbers is 90 points, why
would anybody spend money on 93 when the could buy 87, pour in
Aces and end up with 95 octane. You'd still wind up with 93 even if you
put in Colorados 85 octane. Does that really make sense? Aces talks
about a catalst they use to make the fuel burn quicker, what is
a catalyst, anybody ever mix epoxy (hardener and catalyst) it
just change the rate of reaction. That why race gases have " light
hydrocarbons" because you need the gas to light off quicker at 10,000
rpms than 2,500. Makes sense, of course most of us don't hit 10,000
rpms ever. As far as their ignition improver, thats probably part of it,
remember, a 50,000 volt coil means nothing if your plugs can fire the
intake charge at 20,000 volts. As far as lubricity, thats balony, you all
mix 50,40, or 32-1, do you really think Mercury would want more
Warranty claims? As far as lower EGT's, word is everyone says the
manufactures riched the mixtures to save the engines {fat is safe}
so why would you want to richen them more? Heat is Power.
Remember the bond fires in High School during the weekend, when the fire
was going down, you put more wood in the flame and you could feel it.
More heat, more power, more EGT. As far as the manufactures richen
the mixture, it's more like flood which is bad. More comments another
day.

Bob

ROBERT CROSS

"So I read the Aces website, most of their talk is how the (fix) diesel
engines. One members says it raises his octane from 93-102 #'s,
another says 8-9 points. Which is it, 9 numbers is 90 points"

Anyone make any sense of that?

Octane...diesel? Thought the cetane number was the important one.

No ones twisting your arm BH, do as you will.:razz

Bob
:laughing

hemi2005

Anyone make any sense of that?

Octane...diesel? Thought the cetane number was the important one.

No ones twisting your arm BH, do as you will.
I didn't get it either....And if he's skeptical, then by all means, DON"T use it.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Soooooo....if you have positive things to say about aces, post all ya want...but if you have other ideas why you may not want to use aces, just be quiet and don't use it? No criticism allowed, eh? Just an observation on the way this thread is going.

Whipper, you just ain't right! :help :gasp:laughing

hemi2005

Soooooo....if you have positive things to say about aces, post all ya want...but if you have other ideas why you may not want to use aces, just be quiet and don't use it? No criticism allowed, eh? Just an observation on the way this thread is going.
As far as I'm concerned, people can post what they wish. I just find it somewhat odd that the people that don't seem to like the product have never tried it or know anyone personally who has. I have no problems with anyone here and the people that I've interacted with have been great guys. I'm not looking to argue, I'm just looking for answers. As are most of the people on this board.

ROBERT CROSS

:soap box
No ones telling anybody to get lost, but it is helpful that when you do speak folks understand what your saying....this ain't DC after all.

Press button for the latest political news.....

:blah blah blah

Bob
:razz