Search results

1. T

Trouble with running lights

I am not sure if there is something simply to look for. My dash , running, anchor and accessory lights no longer work. Motor, trim , starter is just fine. I checked the fuses on the dashboard and they are OK. Any suggestions where to start looking for the problem?
  2. T

hand control bow mount trolling

I have an allison 2003 and use the boat for fishing probably less than 50 percent of the time. I need a new trolling motor and the simple design of a hand control bow mount appeals to me. They are usually sold as a longer shaft than what I would need in a foot control. Does anyone have any...
  3. T

What pitch high five for skiing?

I currently use a 26 pitch trophy for all around use including water skiing. It is somewhat of a struggle to start slalom. I do not need arm wrenching power but need a little more hole shot? What is a good pitch to use?
  4. T

Mounting hydrofoil

The sportmaster lower unit I have already has four holes drilled. The previous owner must have had some type of hydrofoil. My question is how does the Allison hydrofoil come? Are holes pre drilled? How is it mounted? Machine screws with bolts on top?
  5. T

trophy to srx question

I currently have a 26 pitch trophy with fat shaft on my 2003xb. I have jjust purchased a 27 srx that is hubbed for a fat shaft. Will I need different washers or nut than is used with the trophy?
  6. T

Pathetic

I have been boating on the Ohio river since the early 1990's. Someone has a beautiful 22 ft stoker with a 300 horsepower evinrude that has been kicking my *** for years. I have run against him with a 18 ft 6 inch baja with 350 magnum and a 21 ft checkmate with 225 promax. He was always happy...
  7. T

Cowl replacement

I have a 1995 225 promax with a less than pretty cowling. I might be able to pick up a upper and lower cowling from a 2003 200 merc efi. Would the power head have to be pulled on the promax to place the 2003 cowling?
  8. T

boatmate refurbish

I have read several posts where boatmate trailers have been re furbished at the factory. I have a 1995 tandem that is in fairly good shape but could use paint, new fenders, etc. What will a refurbish bring and about how much does it cost? thanks Harry
  9. T

200xs or 225 promax

I am planning on repowering my 2003xb this spring. I would like to run mid to high 80's with a 26 pitch trophy. I fish, cruise, and sometimes water ski. I would like to pay 6-7 K for a nice clean engine. The 200xs is close to 50lbs heavier, but would get better gas mileage. The 225 promax...
  10. T

torquemaster

Would a 2003xb be acceptable to run with a 225 promax and torquemaster? The boat will be used to fish and cruise. Mid 80's speed is what I would like to run with a 26 pitch tropy.
  11. T

trolling motor mount

I have a 10 year old omc trolling motor that has seen better days. I want to replace it with a new trolling motor that has a quick release mount. What is my best option that would require the least amount of new mounting holes?
  12. T

24 volt malfunction

I have a 1995 2003 xb with an omc 12/24 volt trolling motor. Trolling motor works fine on 12 volt but when I switch to 24 volt nothing happens. Any suggestions?