What pitch high five for skiing?

tekajo

I currently use a 26 pitch trophy for all around use including water skiing. It is somewhat of a struggle to start slalom. I do not need arm wrenching power but need a little more hole shot? What is a good pitch to use?

David Lanham

I use a 22 High 5 and 24 Trophy for pulling skiers. XB2003 PS/ 225X Pro max

The 24 Trophy on my application pulls harder on take off than the High 5. One would think the 22 would pull harder. Just my experience.

They both work well for skiing though. The 24 is also easier on the tach when crusing around which helps on fuel consumption.

tekajo

Thanks, I also have a 2003xb with 225 promax. 24 pitch trophy sounds good.

catfish123

I use a 23 Trophy with my XB2003 and 225X for pulling skiers including barefoot skiers doing deep water starts. I have had High 5's in 23,24, and 25 pitch and I would never go back to any of them. The Trophy is in my opinion a much better prop for this application.

amosXB03

I am assuming everyone is running a sportmaster gear case....anyone have trouble with either water pressure or temperature, when dragging around a skier or kids on a tube? Also interested in a ski pylon for my xb03 w/225pm.

I am also in the market for a good all around 4 blade prop.

Appreciated any and all help.

JR

My ski prop is also a trophy 24 on my 225 Pmax SS and it works well.
JR

whipper

I use a 25 trophy but think the 24 would be better buy the sounds of it. It pulls a skier out of the hole but not as fast as they would like im sure.
tubing doesnt make a differance. I use the 25 or even my 28 drag 4 for that,they both work great. The nice thing about the 28 is when the kids are on the beach I can go rip around and still get some good top end with out a prop change. I wonder has any one ever tried the Hydromotive 27 QXOB for skiing?

Kspilot

I have a 25p (big barrel) hi five and I would not recomend it to anyone. It has a decent hole shot but bad bow lift and terrible top (flatout squirrely dagerouse)end and I know that you are not wanting it for that but everyone always go's there anyway get a decent low pitched 3 blade and call it good.
Lots of luck keep it fun
Pat