torquemaster

tekajo

Would a 2003xb be acceptable to run with a 225 promax and torquemaster? The boat will be used to fish and cruise. Mid 80's speed is what I would like to run with a 26 pitch tropy.

SSTOM

Make sure that it has a nosecone and low water pickups. Then start out with the motor between 1/2 to 1/4 below the pad and you shouldn't have any problems. :D

J

John Richied

A Torquemaster with a welded on nosecone is a great gearcase. The only downside I found to them is when the epoxy cracks you really need to take it down to the base and re do all the epoxy. If you send your Torquemaster off to have a nosecone installed make sure they know it’s going on an Allison.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
my experience is don't weld on a torquemaster skeg. Nosecone is OK.
Mine cracked above and below the rear of the torpedo. I was using a mighty 150 at the time on a 750# allison, not exactly mega hp.

yeah,the torquemasters are great unless you need a skeg.those housings are cast from some real junk.take the guts from a sportmaster or the torque and put em in a 200 case.i wouldnt even run one without a weld on tab(and why would you anyway,its gonna run sideways thru the water)

J

John Richied

Just curious Jerry… what’s your favorite gearcase on your XB-2002 and what mods?