Search results

1. T

Trouble with running lights

I am not sure if there is something simply to look for. My dash , running, anchor and accessory lights no longer work. Motor, trim , starter is just fine. I checked the fuses on the dashboard and they are OK. Any suggestions where to start looking for the problem?
  2. T

setback and naked women

24 pitch trophy. 2003 xb 225 promax with 12 inch setback. Pulls me up on slalom at 170 lbs with no problem. Not like a tournament boat but no struggle. I sometimes use a 26 pitch trophy but I am 49 years old and not as easy to hang on as ten years ago. Still like naked women.
  3. T

Scratches

how deep are the scratches?
  4. T

hand control bow mount trolling

Thanks, But I am using a 12 volt setup
  5. T

hand control bow mount trolling

I have an allison 2003 and use the boat for fishing probably less than 50 percent of the time. I need a new trolling motor and the simple design of a hand control bow mount appeals to me. They are usually sold as a longer shaft than what I would need in a foot control. Does anyone have any...
  6. T

Slowest Allison?

Does anybody know how much better fuel economy with the new Brucato ACU?
  7. T

What pitch high five for skiing?

Thanks, I also have a 2003xb with 225 promax. 24 pitch trophy sounds good.
  8. T

What pitch high five for skiing?

I currently use a 26 pitch trophy for all around use including water skiing. It is somewhat of a struggle to start slalom. I do not need arm wrenching power but need a little more hole shot? What is a good pitch to use?
  9. T

Mounting hydrofoil

Thanks John, Simple but works.
  10. T

Mounting hydrofoil

The sportmaster lower unit I have already has four holes drilled. The previous owner must have had some type of hydrofoil. My question is how does the Allison hydrofoil come? Are holes pre drilled? How is it mounted? Machine screws with bolts on top?
  11. T

Trying to restore my color...

Go to http://www.bassboatcentral.com/index.htm It will be advertised on the home page. Lots of threads on the forum about product. Quite a few bassboat fisherman just love the product.
  12. T

I used the magic eraser on the inside with good result. Not a whole lot of scrubbing needed. Are you worried it might scratch the fiberglass? After cleaning I use rag with some bass boat saver and it looks great.
  13. T

Use magic eraser for the inside. Looks like a sponge with water. Works very well.
  14. T

trophy to srx question

Thanks, This spring will be my third season with the boat and I have never changed props
  15. T

trophy to srx question

I currently have a 26 pitch trophy with fat shaft on my 2003xb. I have jjust purchased a 27 srx that is hubbed for a fat shaft. Will I need different washers or nut than is used with the trophy?
  16. T

Need some Opinions

I have a xb2003 that had a Johnson 175 faststrike. I think the evinrude is called an intruder. They are well thought of motors in the OMC world. Lot of info at http://www.bassboatcentral.com/index.htm under Johnson/evinrude motors. The performance is limited by rpm. I think the limiter is...
  17. T

What's wrong with ETEC 200?

I have a 2003xb that had johnson 175 faststrike and I looked at the etec long and hard. I could not pull the trigger because of the low rpm. What prop could I use for high speed without terrible holeshot? I purchased a used 225 promax and have been very happy with the motor. I turn a 26...
  18. T

Reckon this'll fit???

fishnfireman, I like the trick, thanks. Hope I never need to use it.
  19. T

Reckon this'll fit???

I have the Allison ladder that is attached directly to the jackplate on the xb2003. This ladder appears to extend a little deeper into the water and is hopefully better. I am 5ft 9 inch and weigh 175 lbs. In the summer with a swimsuit and ski jacket boarding the 2003 xb still takes some...
  20. T

How to make a beat-up Allison look like a new Allison

Where is Jack Barsh located?