Search results

1. P

xb03 speed with 200hp evinrude?

what kind of speed can i expect out of an xb2003 powered by an evinrude ETEC, 2.5L 200hp? Guessing about 80? regards, peter
  2. P

'96'xb2003t '97' 225 super/mag

super nice looking boat. maybe a stupid question since i'm not a mariner/mercury guy, but what is the horsepower? -peter
  3. P

why do people prefer single axle trailers?

that's a convincing case for a single axle then. thanks. now i will be pissed when i find the boat i want and it has a dual axle. :( -peter
  4. P

why do people prefer single axle trailers?

i was just reading the "wanted to buy" section and a guy looking for an xb03 _specifically_ wanted a single axle trailer. why? aren't you better off with dual axles from a safety/handling perspective? all my boats so far are small, [16' or smaller] and obviously have single axle trailers...
  5. P

99 XB2003 for trade

sounds like your suffering from being on the wrong side of the country. me too. if i hadn't just burned my "wife karma" on a hydrostream, i'd be knocking on your door, because yours is probably the closest xb2003 for sale, to me here in socal. this pisser is, that by the time i rebuild my...
  6. P

1999 xb2003 white with black tips

as is all to common on here when someone joins this forum to sell a boat... you did not put your location anywhere in your profile or post. -peter
  7. P

Where to get trailer PIN

i've seen them at walmart in towns where boating is popular. the boating and RV section of the walmart in bullhead city, AZ is HUGE. -peter
  8. P

south alabama boys

you sound like me. i already bought a hydrostream having never ridden in one. when i buy an xb2003, no doubt, it will be under the same circumstances. that's the way things are out here in southern cal, if you like fast outboard boats. :( btw, i'm jealous and i'm sure i speak for everyone...
  9. P

Shortest length for XB 2002 on trailer

isn't the xr2002 pretty much the same as the xb2002? patches gave you some pretty good info, imho. or am i missing something? -peter
  10. P

13' Allison w/65 Looper

sorry for the OT... couldn't help noticing your forum handle. do you fly atr's? -peter
  11. P

1995 2003XB 2000 280 on ebay

must be nice to be the guy who's selling. he can afford to let $15k or more just sit around, slowly losing value. -peter
  12. P

do you guys think maybe the highly modified nature of the motor is frightening off higher bidders? -peter
  13. P

aaand... NOT sold... yet again. reserve not met. 12 bids, highest bid $13,100 -peter
  14. P

That one's been for sale for quite a long time. I've never seen it in person, nor do I know anybody who has, but I seem to recall they were asking just too much money for it, and not being flexible when people offered something closer to what they sell for in real life. -Peter
  15. P

xb2003 handling vs. scared wife

i just read 1badss's thread... interesting... ok, so i want an xb2003, but the wife already thinks i'm a reckless speed freak, and she'd rather have a pontoon boat. :( my current boat little 16 foot speedster is good for mid-50's or so before it starts chine walking, BUT at about 40, it...
  16. P

xb2003 towing weight

racing ain't cheap, that's for sure. the only way i can afford it is to do all the work, [including engine building], myself. low teens is flying for a truck. you must have found a way to get some good traction. well done. and diesels have a history in road racing too. until very recently...
  17. P

xb2003 towing weight

that's the MOST impressive thing right there. the wife's 400hp, 5.0L v8, 6-speed manual, german sedan weighs half what a 1-ton diesel weighs and it still only gets 22 mpg highway... 23 if we're lucky. -peter
  18. P

xb2003 towing weight

every one's different, but i don't find straightlining to be an adequate testosterone outlet. It's too easy and doesn't require the cojones that hauling azz through a corner does.* we "cornermen" call it "flatlining" because compared to flying through a corner, that's about what it is...
  19. P

xb2003 towing weight

LOL. I hear ya brother. I do a little road amateur road racing, and it looks like you might too, based on your handle. I like speed and handling waaay too much to tolerate a truck except for missions that ONLY a truck can perform. Back while my race car was still street legal, I folded down...