Where to get trailer PIN

reward69

The small pin that goes in the tonge that secures the latch. Its held on by the small cable and has a spring loaded ball that keeps it in. The spring is broken and the pin keeps falling out. I cant find this locally at the hardware stores?

Bobalouie

Same here with the lock, but you should be able to call Boatmate at (865) 273-1100 and get one. If you decide to go with a lock, make sure you get one for a UFP hitch, the others will be too short.

reward69

Yeah I've got a lock but dont use it very often. Luckily we dont have many issues with bastard thieves. I'll gice boat mate a call, thanks.

pcrussell50

i've seen them at walmart in towns where boating is popular. the boating and RV section of the walmart in bullhead city, AZ is HUGE.

-peter

Last edited:

strip

take the old pin with you and you can get one at any fastner company or Grainger, Tractor Supply or Farmers Co-op

Allyfishing

I just saw them at Tractor Supply yesterday looking for some other fasteners. the isle where all the fasteners are you will see about 4 or 5 sets of drawers with all kinds of SS hardware, grommets, screw etc. etc. I saw those pins in one of those drawers.

If you don't find one I'll go back with mine and see if there is one there in that same size.

reward69

Cool, I'll go back to tractor supply. I asked when I was in there and the manager said they didnt have any. I'll look for myself....

Allyfishing

I was just in a Home Depot today and in the fasteners section they had the same set of drawers as in the local Tractor Supply. I searched the drawers for that pin and they had every size thickness but that one!! It is 5/16" diameter. I found a clevis pin in 5/16" that could be used but it requires a hitch pin clip to secure it.

I'll look in my Tractor Supply tomorrow.

Allyfishing

I have found them in every store I mentioned except in 5/16" diameter!! :banghead Which id what Boatmate used. WTF??!!