Search results

1. flying07

Diamond plate on trailers

Hi all. . . . curious if anyone knows what Boatmate (or other makers) use to attach diamond plate to their trailers? an adhesive of some sort. . . . got a powdercoated trailer that needs a little 'sprucing' with some plating like my old Ally trailer. . . thanks!
  2. flying07

Looking for a new toy. . .

Hi all. . . well, as many know, the old 'Tuna Barge' has been sold and now resides in Myrtle Beach. The GS was a great boat. . . but on to something new. . . . I guess i'm looking now for a 'showpiece' boat, mint from the boat to the motor to the trailer (and likely a tandem at that, just for...
  3. flying07

3 lakes coming up

Who is all going out to 3 lakes the 24/25th? Pending decent weather, I should be out there in the old Tuna Barge Saturday, the 25th. Never been there before, heard it's a good time. Drop over and say hi, be nice to meet some people! -Russ aka "My Slow"
  4. flying07

Buy or make this brace?

Question . . . . the brace broke on the regulator. . . is this something I can buy, or just make one? It's on a Promax, VST is deleted. . . thanks all!
  5. flying07

26 Laser II

Hi all. . . . got my spare prop here, and haven't touched it. It's a 26 Laser II, set up to accept a flo-torque hub, but hub is NOT included, keeping it for my 30et :)Open to offers, i'd give it an 8of 10 on the S&F scale, only because it's been used. Just want it out of my garage, just taking...
  6. flying07

Anyone need a spare prop? 26 Laser II

wrong section. . sorry all
  7. flying07

head bolt washers

Hi all. . . 225 Promax, heads were cut down some, so need the washers to go on the head bolts. anyone know the part number? or anyone have some lying around? or if anyone knows the size if I can get them somewhere else (aka: cheaper), then through merc? Thanks everyone
  8. flying07

New Fuel level gauge - what ohms?

Hi all. . . . replacing the gauges in my 2002 GS. Already did new GPS speedo and tach. About to order the others, and I see the 'fuel level' gauge can either be 240-33 ohms, or 0-90 ohms. As I'm poorly trained at electrical, anyone know what I need or what these even mean? Thanks!!
  9. flying07

Number of GS's and SS's built

So hoping someone knows this one. But GS and SS, how many have been built? I always thought 100 or so of each, but I'm totally guessing. Any insight would be great, thanks all!
  10. flying07

Winterizing the Promax

Hi All, Well, it's MN, and about that time of year again. Snow will fly, lakes will freeze, and I'll re-gauge my boat during it all. Question I have, is what should I do to winterize my Promax? I always run non-ethanol fuel, and it's always got Stabil in it. Obviously change lower unit...
  11. flying07

225 Promax Starter Stays On

Hi everyone. . . . interesting problem, cause i've only ever had the opposite. Turned my boat off last night, 225 promax, and the starter stayed ON. Key off, key on, it still kept spinning. Wouldn't of course start the boat since it was spinning down and not engaging the wheel. Only way to...
  12. flying07

trailer lights

Well, finally happened, rear light on the trailer filled with water. I think it's time for the LED upgrade. 2002 boatmate trailer. Any suggestions on where to get? I know I can go to fleet farm even it seems! haha. . . links for what people use? Worth it to do LED's?
  13. flying07

Sportmaster Leaking

Happy Wednesday everyone. So I go out last night to see gearcase fluid on the floor. Not a ton, but a nice spot. Looking into it, I see that it is leaking around the prop shaft (took prop off), and that the seal around the shaft has a little crease in it. With a small screwdriver I pop the...
  14. flying07

Trailering. . .

So I will be trailering my GS most of the time this year. Question is, should I run a motor support off the rear of the trailer, use one of those rubber 'wedges' you see, or just leave it alone? If in favor of a support, what are guys running and will it clear the allison skid planer on the...
  15. flying07

GS deck strength

Morning all. . . love forum time! So couple of us were debating, and no, I will NEVER test this idea or walk on it, but anybody have any ideas how much weight you can put on the front of a GS without the glass cracking/spidering. Again, just a curiosity, this is not going to get tested! haha ...
  16. flying07

Fire extinguisher mounting in GS

Hi all. So living in MN, they insist I have a fire extinguisher in the boat. And to meet laws, it's not small. To be 'accessible' I say means 'just barely visible', so curious peoples thoughts on location? I'd like to go passenger side, up front, but that glass and vinyl is very thin, so not...
  17. flying07

WTB: Lifeline Jacket

Looking for a lifeline jacket, preferably a comp or 170 style. I'm 6 foot 3 inches tall, 40-42 inch chest, 34 waist, 195 pounds. Seeing what's out there. Thanks
  18. flying07

Grandsport seat modification

Hi all. Trying to see what others have gone. I own a grand sport, but at a little over 6 foot 3 inch tall, the pedal is too close to me. wondering what guys have done to either modify the seat mounting bracket, move the pedal, pros and cons of each. Thanks much
  19. flying07

280 motor replace with 225 powerhead?

Hi all. . . might be a dumb question, thought I knew the answer until a marine place kept asking for all this additional information. have a 2005 280, want to pull that powerhead off, and get a 225 promax or 225x powerhead on it instead. Shouldn't they bolt right up, or am I missing something...
  20. flying07

WTB: Fresh 225 promax powerhead

Hi all. Getting my first GS finally, super excited. Anyways, we are taking a 280 powerhead off it, and i'm looking for a fresh 225 promax or X for it. Any leads or suggestions? Thanks!