Grandsport seat modification

flying07

Hi all. Trying to see what others have gone. I own a grand sport, but at a little over 6 foot 3 inch tall, the pedal is too close to me. wondering what guys have done to either modify the seat mounting bracket, move the pedal, pros and cons of each. Thanks much

racerx

They make a slide for the gas pedal might be the way to go

njj502

Mine has a sliding adjuster on the drivers side. I'm 6' and all leg but seems to be fine for me.

flying07

I also have the adjustable seat bracket, but I need about 3 more inches further back

ROBERT CROSS

I know there is some extra length on the cable, and for sure enough room on the pedal mount. Why not try moving it forward to see if the cable is long enough?

Bob
:cool

flying07

I'm thinking of moving the pedal back. Want to make sure before I drill more holes in the boat . . .if I do drill, suggestions or tips anyone??

LakeAnna

I moved the pedal on mine with no problem. That would be an easy and simple fix.

Just fill the old holes with epoxy or silicone if you don't have resin.

mxzx

The pedal on mine was mounted all the way forward on the pad. Had to move mine back like in the above pic since I am only 5'7".

ROBERT CROSS

Is the pedal secured with stainless wood screws like the driver seat slides?

I had to repair the stripped mount slide holes. I filled the holes with MarineTex, inserted small hard wood strips covered with MT, think oversized toothpicks, tightened and let cure. Still rock solid after 5 Seasons.

I've found that covering the wood screw threads with MT works very well when using just the wood screws alone. It strengthens the fiberglass and leaves behind very well defined threads if removal is necessary.

Bob

flying07

Thanks for the help everyone! I think I'll be moving the pedal forward to get the room I need, thanks for the advice on how to fill the holes and what to fill them with to re-mount. thanks!

flying07

Has anyone tried the Hot Foot adjustable plate? Might be an option after some retro-fitting. . . . ??

Jr in Jax

Due to too many bat turns, I had to remount both my drivers seat and passengers seat. I put in a larger plate and replaced the notched sliding assembly. When I redid the driver's seat I moved it rearward a couple of inches for more legroom. My plate had metal threaded bolts threaded into a plate imbedded into the deck. I had to drill and tap the plate to move it rearward.

procomp

Has anyone tried the Hot Foot adjustable plate? Might be an option after some retro-fitting. . . . ??
Just put one in my STV and its great. I've owned boats with several sets of holes where every owner moved the foot throttle, sucks. The plate covers previous holes, works great and is cosmetically appealing.

flying07

Great to hear. I ordered an adjustable plate, it's going in next week :)

flying07

Just an FYI for GS owners, the Hot Foot adjustable plate doesn't fit too well on the boat. Mine also has some speakers on the side, so unfortunately, I'm back to re-mounting and leaving the adjustable plate off, have to stick with the adjustable seat instead

LakeAnna

Did you get if figured out yet man? I moved mine a couple times and I have the stainless inserts for the floor also.

flying07

I ended up returning the adjustable plate, with the speaker location, it didn't get me much. Just re-mounted it much further away, filled holes with the MarineTex, tapped and such new holes and used that also. Will run a little of the 'roughened tape' where old holes were just to spruce it up some.

whipper

I ended up returning the adjustable plate, with the speaker location, it didn't get me much. Just re-mounted it much further away, filled holes with the MarineTex, tapped and such new holes and used that also. Will run a little of the 'roughened tape' where old holes were just to spruce it up some.
I would use something softer for my heel to rest on with bare feet like carpet or rubber probably? just thinking the rough tape might wear on your heel over time or in the rough water. Marine tech it on there.