Search results

1. fnshrmaster

Towing prop

I'm looking for a used towing prop to pull my niece on the tube. 225 promax, XTB21. Recommendations? Thinking high 5 or trophy in a 23 to 24 pitch. anyone have experience with this, any used props around for a fair price? Kurt
  2. fnshrmaster

WTB two piece Promax adapter and tuner

Looking for a promax two piece adapter and tuner.
  3. fnshrmaster

XTB21 Carpet Replacement

I am going to replace the carpet in my XTB. Two questions for those of you that have done carpet. 1. What are the best ways to remove the old carpet and excess glue? 2. What is the easiest and best adhesive to put the new carpet down with? Thanks, Kurt
  4. fnshrmaster

What happened to Hoss propeller?

I tried to email Tim last week, address is no longer valid. Website is down. Is he currently selling props? Kurt
  5. fnshrmaster

Ski prop

Looking for a reasonably priced 23-24 pitch trophy, drag 4, high 5 or hydro for ski/pulling kids on tube. Email @ kurtristow@outlook.com Thanks, Kurt
  6. fnshrmaster

Motor cover

I need a motor cover for my Promax with the alien cover. I thought I saw Allison offered a complete motor cover? What brand are you using or do you recommend? I was looking at Tuffskinz, they look decent but I like the idea of a complete cover top to bottom. Thanks, Kurt
  7. fnshrmaster

Allison factory cover

I am interested in a new factory cover for my XTB. I read somewhere that the new style cover comes with a soft liner? My 03 cover was sunbrella material, worked well but did not have a soft liner. I was considering a cover from sailors tailor in Ohio, very high quality, but I am afraid the...
  8. fnshrmaster

XTB

A big thank you to Dave Hensley. This is my second Allison I have bought from Dave. This boat was his personal rig, it's a gem for sure. I think I'm gonna hold on to this one, it's a time capsule. The extra foot sure smooths out the ride.
  9. fnshrmaster

WTB 29 SRX

Looking for a decent SRX 29. Kurt
  10. fnshrmaster

Hoss or ET?

Just bought a pristine XTB. It came with a 27 SRX. Would like to get another prop. Triton or ET? Promax 225, stock limiter. Leaning towards a 28 lab finished ET. Kurt
  11. fnshrmaster

WTB 280 front half

Need 280 front half. Will consider one in need of minor repair.
  12. fnshrmaster

Reggie Fountain story

Just watched the Reggie fountain story on NBC sports. Reggie said when he first started producing his offshore models he copied the bottom of the Allison. Cut the bottom of a boat off and added a pad. They all thought he was crazy, boy were they wrong. Great story if you get a chance to watch it.
  13. fnshrmaster

Promax poppet/Water tell tale

Just swapped my 260 to a Promax. Have two questions. Poppet valve is new but is leaking water out of the side through a small 1/4 hole? What is this hole and why the leak? Second how long until the telltale releases water? Idled in barrel for 5 minutes or so, great water pressure, running...
  14. fnshrmaster

Cummins

Who has one and what years are the better ones, looking at a 04 common rail, 6 speed manual. What real mpg do you see?
  15. fnshrmaster

Hydraulic or Manual Jackplate

I just noticed my CMC is leaking and has been noisy since I bought the boat. I would like to replace it. Wondering what brand you guys are running and if hydraulic is really needed. I don't adjust it much at all, even with pad and leave it. Do the Allison lifts have the pump on the plate...
  16. fnshrmaster

WTB stock 2.5 heads

Looking for a set of uncut heads for my Promax. Thanks, Kurt
  17. fnshrmaster

Where to go from here

Well after my 2nd year of owning this boat I feel I'm at its maximum. 97.6 loaded to fish with two people. It kinda leaves you wanting. Maybe a 02? Who knows , be thankful I have a runner. It's an addiction for sure
  18. fnshrmaster

Good to run again

You folks that live in the south are truly blessed. My 03 hasn't been run since October of last year. Ran Saturday and I have 5 days off to burn some fuel and catch some fish. Expensive hobby worth every penny. The smile factor can't be duplicated.
  19. fnshrmaster

Dash panel installation

I ordered a new carbon fiber (looking) dash panel to cover a hole that was cut out for a fish finder data card. Question, what adhesive to use to attach it, also how do I cut the hole for the dash light? I was thinking rotary tool, maybe razor knife?
  20. fnshrmaster

I am looking to buy a new Q4OT for my 2003. I am running a 260 but purchased a 225 Promax powerhead that I will run this coming season. I'm trying to decide what pitch to order. 26 would be perfect loaded and for most everything else, not sure how a 28 will run loaded. Anyone run a 27? I have...