xb2003prosport speed

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
The gay parasol is standard equipment out here, you have to have it to pass Coast Guard inspection.... :lol:

The wife makes me take it. :oops: On the plus side, it's a lot lighter than the anchor shade.

RB in NM

Elevation Sucks!

But I finally posted my best speed, then turned and bettered it again the next day. This past Saturday, I turned a 103.4 @ 8200, and then on Sunday after the races, I wanted to make sure my new Lavorsi GPS Digital speedo was not too happy. Went back out and recorded a 103.6mph. This is at 4800 foot lake elevation, high 90 degree weather, but low humidity out here in the high plain deserts of New Mexico.

This with a 99 XB-03 with JSRE 15" Pro Max.

I am getting Happy! Thanks JSRE!

Now,,,, Where is sea level?

RB

K

Kevin from FL

Good going Russ, you are in the triple club for sure.

I can imagine how you felt when you saw it and then repeted it.

RB in NM

Thanks Kev,

Before this past weekend, I had only had an even 100 plus a couple tenths.

Lou , I ran 1/4 tank, 4-5 fishing rods in the locker, onley the required coast guard required items in the boat, and me alone at 190lbs.

FOA, Yes it IS a hell of a Pro Max. Jay Smith did some fine work on it for me.

My setup has a bit left to go as well.
I am running at 4500 feet lake elevation, it was high 90's temps, 12-18 percent humidity, sorta windy, not bad for our hulls tho. But overall a killer type condition to performance at my elevations. I really miss Louisiana!!!!!

I run this prop at 1/4" above. It's a 28" chopper with an ET type cut to it, progressively pitched, said to tip out closer to 30" , very little cup and good stern lift.

I figgered this lil' report would have a few doubting Thomases over here.
You can see the pictures I posted of my best speed run, over on Fastbass.com, where I posted pictures of the new Lavorsi recall tach and the Digital GPS with recall to boot.

And Kev, YES, I was sure proud to see the gps was not too happy of a unit when I backed up the first run, as that was flat out the best this current setup could muster minus a good tail wind.

Chad, was not intending to hijack yer thread bud!
Russ

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Russ Congrats on that speed, you da MAN and my 2003 will have something to worry about if you ever get to show up at a WAR!!

However, let the interrogation continue (bare light bulb please):

What setback are you running, and when providing a spec, would you please clarify where the measurement is taken from? (I think you are running an SS midsection but can't remember for sure.) Some people measure differently when based on an SS midsection, owing to the "extra" setback incorporated into the 15" bracket. So let's just say the spec I am asking for is defined as transom-edge-to-motor bracket flange. Mine is 14.5" and SS housing.

What kind of R's were you turning that 28 to get the 103.5 speeds?

What fastbass forum & thread are your pics at? It's like searching the library of congress over there.

4500 elevation...dang son bring that thing to sea level and it's good for 107?

RB in NM

Lou,

It's the same rig you drove on the Tickfaw, same motor( less mods) and setback, My detwiler hydl plate is 13 1/4" from hull to motor bracket, 1999 pro max short shaft.

Look under "Member's Rigs", and I have a post under the "Shootin the Bull".

8200 rpms.

Russ

fishnfireman

RB.

You are the KING........

You have done what 2 of us with 280's and one with a modified 260 could not do on Conchas lake.
And to think you did it with a 225--------- WOW---------

Now pray tell us what Jay did to that thing.

Also is that the prop that "Leon P." was telling us at the last tournament he built for a guy with an Allison ?

FlatOutAlly

Re: Thanks Kev,

RB in NM said:
...FOA, Yes it IS a hell of a Pro Max. Jay Smith did some fine work on it for me....
I'm no doubting Thomas. Jay DOES do fine work, I've heard.

What are you running for compression?

PS - Your Livorsi's on the Carbon Fiber dash look 'sick'!!!!

RedAllison

Gay parasol? There IS no hope, the land of fruits n nuts has done claimed anuddah viktum! :( :oops: :eek: Imagine how fast dat sumbeech would be in "straight waters" and runnin wifout all dem kiddies and "homeasexyoull pairafanailya"....

DAMN Russ, sounds like dat JSRE "duecie" is gonna hurt an AWFUL lot of feewins wif guys dat own da high and mighty 280s! :p

STAND ON IT SON,
RA

TonyB

Lou, Is that 90.6 MPH speed with the parasol up or down? :wink: