War 2011

propmanjay

John's not an easy one to beat up on. I would love to come up there and spend some time with you guys. I have burt up my vacation for this year but maybe next year. The S/f rally looked like a good time.

badbait

I got a call from Gene the other day. Since I hadn't seen or heard from him in a long time I was wondering why he wasn't posting. Right now he doesn't have a computer hooked up at his new home. He said he was doing great and wanted me to say hi to everybody. He hopes to be back on line soon.

cj707

I heard from George. He and Frank will be at the rally. Hope it stops raining by then

Hello everyone we live close enough to come if the boat holds together (was in pieces last year) but can't find a post with dates or location. Sort of sounds like B&W (where we usually launch anyway) but when? Would like to meet you guys and see your boats and see how mine does.

Bill Sr.:help

propmanjay

It's buck a gallon more than last year. It realy dosn't add all that much more to the trip. It just pisses us off. It won't change the way I play.

badbait

I'll be draining my tanks at night and storing my gas in the room, since I really don't trust you guys.
Welcome Bill, I'm sure you will have a good time at the Rally. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is our 11th or 12th Rally. Maybe you should stop driving your boat until the rally. Even if your boat doesn't hold together come on down and meet the group and have a beer.

SLOmofo

Boy! Sure is quiet here on the Western Front.
Must be everyone is so busy working on their junk getting it ready for next months rally. Of course we don't have the sh!t stirrer, unmentionable, banded one, calling everyone out. R'rrrrr!
Speaking of that. Someone called me at my shop and asked if I would work on their Fiat because they had a carb problem. None other than the vertically challanged XB21 Gene. Said he was going to make it to the rally at the delta this year. I didn't tell him we changed plans, dates and the location. He'll have fun by himself alone anyway, he might not even miss me. :laughing

I might have to show up either without a boat or bring the Champion. My trim project has hit an obstacle that might not allow it to be finished in time. If.... it does get finished, I'll be much like Jay last year thrashing on it in the parking lot and testing it at the rally. Which I think might be a good thing, being, plenty of helpful people that know much more than I do about setting up an Allison.

propmanjay

Bring it up Gary, I have a full shop 25 miles away. If you need anything milled, turned down, or welded we can do it.

Waterdigger

Bring it up Gary, I have a full shop 25 miles away. If you need anything milled, turned down, or welded we can do it.
Hey Jay didn't no you were in that kind of business...that's cool!

Seen a picture of your old SS racing @ Banana Bend (Houston) this past weekend. Not sure but I think he finished
2nd in his class.

Last edited:
Hoping to meet you all and learn a lot at this year's rally. Thought it was at B&W in early May - has that changed?
Bill Sr.

propmanjay

Hey Jay didn't no you were in that kind of business...that's cool!

Seen a picture of your old SS racing @ Banana Bend (Houston) this past weekend. Not sure but I think he finished
2nd in his class.
Thats good to hear, as you know that boat will run with a good set up.

SLOmofo

:help I feel like thw ScareCrow in The Wizard of OZ. Boat's in pieces scattered around the shop. Engines on one table, center section on another. Half of the clamp is mocked up on the jack plate, other half is at a friends machine shop. :help