Plans for 2013 Knoxville Rally, Watts Bar

Allyfishing

My tackle will be with me this time. the fact that we're staying at Terrace and the boat will be in a slip overnite lends itself to some "get up in the mornin' and go sling some baits"!!! that is ifn's Im not hangn round the campfire sipins pie all nite with me bud' "grillmeister ben" and company strumn on me banjo!!!! LOL!!!!

I wanna git me some a dem chickamauga buckets!!

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope to try fishing this year too. I'd like to catch something begger than a minner for a change.

Allyfishing

I hope to try fishing this year too. I'd like to catch something begger than a minner for a change.
Ain't that the truth Dave!! Depending on where ya live up in the NE, it can be quite challenging to find quality water let alone quality fish!!

I'm sure Bern can direct us to some fishing areas at least in the very late afternoon early evening for some hybrid action. He has one good spot right around the corner from the terrace that's more like a "community hole" but I'm sure there are other "move up and feed" spots as well.

biller31

Ooooooo! Forgot about the summer striper runs! 100 3-5+ pound fish in a couple hours beats a few big largemouth in the summer everytime. The perfect storm would be stiper running in the day and full moon night fishing for black bass!

Allyfishing

I'm ready to burn some gas. Is it June yet????
Oh you will indeed burn some gas Matt if our plans come together for Saturday!!!!! And the early part of the week too for that matter!!!! More to come!!!! Bring a few gas cans with you if you run 93 octane.

Ben's wheels are turning now!!! We gots him thinkn'!!! :beer:

skewby

i think some people burned through more gas the week of the rally than they do most summers..... if things work out even more gas will be burned this year. hopefully we can get everyone to see the other half of this place i call home :LMAO: :beer:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm looking at the possibility of a 350-400 mile week! I wonder how a 28 bravo would do for mileage, lol!

Last edited:

resqu-u

i think some people burned through more gas the week of the rally than they do most summers..... if things work out even more gas will be burned this year. hopefully we can get everyone to see the other half of this place i call home :LMAO: :beer:
I know I did, looking forward to it again this year!!!! I've added a few gas cans in anticipation of burning more of it :gasp

Allyfishing

You guys ever thought of having an Allison owners small bass tournament during this rally?
Sure have, try getting guys up after a late nite of drinking and howling at the moon....(or trains)!!! LOL!!!

I'm up for it!! Doesn't have to be an all day event, maybe til 11 AM or so would be fun.

BTW, glad to see you'll make it!

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
As much as I like fishing, it was too hot last year to not be in the water or cruising. I bought a license and never got my poles out. Maybe this year. :)

Allyfishing

I understand how ya feel Dave. Best to do it from dawn to late morning before we all meet up or a nite fishing deal. Either way would be fun.

skewby

fishing????? out of my boat???? where do you put the fish? my boat came with a self cleaning aluminum can recycling container :beer: oh yeah i forgot :idiot :LMAO:

Allyfishing

fishing????? out of my boat???? where do you put the fish? my boat came with a self cleaning aluminum can recycling container :beer: oh yeah i forgot :idiot :LMAO:
Skewby some models came like that. You're one of the lucky few that the previous owner had that feature built in. :LMAO:

TB21

I have tournament scales if there's enough interest. Daylight till 11am would be cool. Either way it sounds like a good time. Cya