New Yam SHO....

Dave Hensley

WOOHOO!!! Shuck it right on down to the cob brother. When warranty runs out me thinks you would be scrooged. They will get it right after all the testing done by their customers....

hooken203

Msharp you been drinking again? I got one of those black turds on my boat right now that won't go fast enough to get out of it own way. Even with one of those hydromotive props.

msharp

LMAO ! It doesn't matter if I have be or not ! Doesn't change the fact that the YAMAPOPPER is a very poor design. Top to bottom ! If your boat doesn't perform, Maybe you should find a GOOD setup man ......

hooken203

Just a few weeks ago I had some of the best there are looking at my boat. It ran better with the SHO. Go on and tell me about Mercurys stellar quality and reliability. 5 months of ownership and 25 hours cracked hood water to in the lower unit and now it's not making power.

xb03fs

I am really sorry to hear your motor issues, the SHO didn't run as expected and the Merucry is worse...

scj

Ha! I never bashed Mercury when I had one on my boat as there was no reason to. It ran extremely well but I wanted to try a 4 stroke. If there is an issue with my modified SHO, I'll have to live with it but to say it's a poor design, you must be a mechanical engineer or you're just spreading b.s. as all brands go through growing pains.
At this moment, my modified 200 SHO is faster, more powerful, quieter, gets better fuel mileage and will do it all with one prop vs. my Mercury XS250. Just the facts!

FlatOutAlly

.....When warranty runs out me thinks you would be scrooged. They will get it right after all the testing done by their customers....
Kinda like all the computers, road vehicles, appliances, lawn equipment, and intimacy devices (among others) we've all bought since 'Nam. Testing is no longer needed. Make one work in the lab and ship it.

msharp

I won't argue with the uneducated on mechanics of engineering . Have fun with the YAMAPOPPER. It won't last long . I see ALL the junk blocks that are taken to the shredder from ONE part swaper business. So when you get out of your ONE YAMAHCRAW WORLD ... Come back to the USA !

scj

Mercury Manufacturing Locations
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA
Juárez, Mexico
Komagane, Japan (TMC joint venture)
Petit-Rechain, Belgium
St. Cloud, Florida, USA
Suzhou, China

One Yamaha world? It's my first Yamaha outboard.......................and it's only part Yamaha as it has a sportmaser gearcase. Lighten up Francis, this world would be pretty boring if everyone were exactly alike. Geez!

xb03fs

4.2 liters 505 lbs 6000 recmmended limit 6300 hard Limiter

Simon increases to 7000 and programs to 300 yahama specs which I think is just adjusting how far the butterfly's open and the variable valve timing other wise motors are identical 200/225/300. If I were to do it I would leave limiter in place and just take it to 300 specs until warranty was up

Although I really hope Mercury comes out with a version like their 3.0 150 as it is a less
Complex design so I have read somewhere in the 4.0 liter range

scj

Butterfly only has one adjustment point; wide open if properly adjusted. After the rally was over I checked my cables and found the butterfly was not opening all the way. Must have been due to the new cable installation. Unfortunately, I have not started it since it's been readjusted.

xb03fs

Butterfly only has one adjustment point; wide open if properly adjusted. After the rally was over I checked my cables and found the butterfly was not opening all the way. Must have been due to the new cable installation. Unfortunately, I have not started it since it's been readjusted.
Well then hydro tech don't me wrong this spring. They said wot position of butterfly was the main difference between 200 and 300

scj

I sent you a text with pictures of the Yamaha control sensor. All 4.2 SHO's use the same assembly

hooken203

Blocks to the shredder you crack me up. Snap a couple pictures next time you see it. The Japanese products has been kicking our butts for years.