New Yam SHO....

scj

Not sure yet. Testing a bunch of props to find the Simon reflash has a flat spot between 5500 to 6000 rpm's. It'll pull a 32 ProMax prop into the 90's but I don't trust my driving skills to push it any harder yet. At 89 mph, it was only turning 5000 rpm's.
It will not pull a 27 to 30 ProMax prop past 5800 rpm's. It hits a wall there and cannot get past it.
My 25 ProMax gets into the 6000 + rpm's easy enough and goes to 90 easy enough but then again, I get out of it once it hits 90. The engine gets back into the power at 6000 and pulls strong to 7000 rpm's per the dyno report.
I'm going to try and get Glenn Reynolds to drive it this weekend with the 25 ProMax.

Garry Hagins

Not sure yet. Testing a bunch of props to find the Simon reflash has a flat spot between 5500 to 6000 rpm's. It'll pull a 32 ProMax prop into the 90's but I don't trust my driving skills to push it any harder yet. At 89 mph, it was only turning 5000 rpm's.
It will not pull a 27 to 30 ProMax prop past 5800 rpm's. It hits a wall there and cannot get past it.
My 25 ProMax gets into the 6000 + rpm's easy enough and goes to 90 easy enough but then again, I get out of it once it hits 90. The engine gets back into the power at 6000 and pulls strong to 7000 rpm's per the dyno report.
I'm going to try and get Glenn Reynolds to drive it this weekend with the 25 ProMax.
Have you been able to drive the boat faster since you posted the thread? I am sure I am going to have a pretty big learning curve.

scj

Low 90's is still my best speed but now when I'm driving 90+, I know what I'm doing and I can drive it there comfortably. I'm not afraid to touch the trim or jack plate now plus I've tried a couple of different props at that speed. I can feel the bow react to input whereas before, it was gun and run!
The last time my wife and I were out, we were running 89 + and she told me it's time I try to break my highest speed number as she can tell I'm much more comfortable. I have to make sure she hasn't upped the life insurance policy first............. o_O

scj

I'm not sure yet, not looking good. We are about to get slammed with a bunch of big projects all at once.
Work/life balance................I would hope 3 days without you there won't shut the company down. If so, ask for a big raise!

whipper

Scj love your posts. The sho is like the 2.5 mercs in that the blocks are basically the same for most of them. Thats really good speeds and performance it sounds like from a 200 on a 21. Keep on updating hows its going and what props work best. Nice to see and hear something different.