aeneas

Thank you SLOmofo!

So to todays question:
I have seen boats without the stickers and anti-slip tape and I like the clean look... What should stay and what should go?

ROBERT CROSS

IMHO....It's a PITA to clean but I would keep 4 & 5, we probably use it more than most though.

Bob

Last edited:

aeneas

Bob, we think the same! 4 & 5 could be good to keep for stepping on when taking on fuel (the boat will be on the trailer but sometimes one needs to take on fuel when in the water). On the other hand, I often drift in the middle of the fjord swimming from the boat - will they be uncomfortable when getting into the boat again?

How hard are the 1-3 to get off? Any tricks?

-------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I See we use our boats the same way (except our dog does not fit in the SS)... She weighs in at about 120lbs.

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Nils,
I made up a rope ladder that I hang from the ski-pilon, as long as I use that and plop my butt on the anti-slip it's ok. I have "rashed" my knees climbing back aboard before getting the ladder though.

I imagine the careful use of a good hot hair dryer would make removal a bit easier.

Bob

aeneas

Bob, ok I'll have to either pull my self up on the side like I did on my previous boat or use the engine as a step.

I'll have to look into the peroxide as I don't want to damage the gel coat... Careful heating won't do it?

/Nils

EDIT: Bob, I was so tired when I was on I read 'hair dyer'... Sorry!

Last edited:

baitcaster

I would prob. just take off #1. I like the black on it and feel it off sets the red a little and has a practical application as well.

aeneas

baitcaster, I'll start with #1 and see... I do like this look:

SLOmofo

How hard are the 1-3 to get off? Any tricks?

-------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I See we use our boats the same way (except our dog does not fit in the SS)... She weighs in at about 120lbs.

[/QUOTE]

Hair dryer or heat gun.

Is the my mom a Newfoundland?

ROBERT CROSS

Our PWD water guy...originally bred in Portugal to work on family fishing boats. Used to guard the boats, set nets and carry messages between boats before radio communications.

Last edited:

aeneas

Bob, you have the right boat for that beautiful dog! Very cool lion cut! I didn't see that it was such a large dog at first... I must say that the XS2003 looks a fantastic boat!

The problem with our dog is that she loves boats and cars and just won't leave them... Leave a car door open and she jumps into the car... You can try to wrestle a not willing New Foundland out of a car... That is circus clown material just there!
:big grin